[Q] Guide for installing stock 2.2 or modded ROM on a CDMA Desire?

I am looking to update a U.S. Cellular CDMA HTC Desire (currently with 2.1) to stock 2.2 or a modded ROM.

I believe I've rooted it using Unrevoked, but from then on is where existing guides either refer to the GSM Desire, or are simply too complicated to follow :/

As far as I am aware, you should be able to put most ROMs onto it. You'll need to flash a custom recovery image, and then put your ROM on the SD card, wipe may be needed

As far as I am aware, you should be able to put most ROMs onto it. You'll need to flash a custom recovery image, and then put your ROM on the SD card, wipe may be needed

How do I do that, though?

I have update-cm-6.1.0-BravoC-signed.zip ready and standing.

How do I flash a custom recovery image, and where do I put the zip file on the card?

Always put any ZIPs that you intend to flash on the root of your SD card to avoid any potential problems.

To flash a custom recovery image, just grab Unrekoved and it will do it for you.

We got it going. She is 4,100 miles away but with the use the xda forums, Skype and TeamViewer, I remotely (with my vocal instructions and her physical assistance) rooted and flashed the phone :D

She loves the difference between her old stock U.S. Cellular 2.1 to CyanogenMod 2.2 :)

Roll on CyanogenMod 6.x "2.3"!

We got it going. She is 4,100 miles away but with the use the xda forums, Skype and TeamViewer, I remotely (with my vocal instructions and her physical assistance) rooted and flashed the phone :D

She loves the difference between her old stock U.S. Cellular 2.1 to CyanogenMod 2.2 :)

Roll on CyanogenMod 6.x "2.3"!

You sir are a hero!