Samsung Galaxy S Recovery Mode

Nick H.

So I got my Samsung Galaxy S a few weeks ago, and I've decided to try and root my phone. Looking at this tutorial I've managed to place the update.zip file to where it tells me.

The next step is to enter recovery mode, but when I hold the volume down (or the volume up) button and the home button and power on the phone it just starts up again, rather than entering recovery mode.

I don't think I'm doing it wrong, and having done a bit of research I've found that some of the Galaxy S phones have recovery mode disabled. Is there a way to enable recovery mode? Or is there another way to root my phone?

Any help is appreciated.

techbeck

So I got my Samsung Galaxy S a few weeks ago, and I've decided to try and root my phone. Looking at this tutorial I've managed to place the update.zip file to where it tells me.

The next step is to enter recovery mode, but when I hold the volume down (or the volume up) button and the home button and power on the phone it just starts up again, rather than entering recovery mode.

I don't think I'm doing it wrong, and having done a bit of research I've found that some of the Galaxy S phones have recovery mode disabled. Is there a way to enable recovery mode? Or is there another way to root my phone?

Any help is appreciated.

Must hold Vol up, Vol down, and power at the same time to get in to recovery.

• 2 weeks later...
.Blaze

Your phone might have the 3 button combo disabled. You can enter recovery via ADB if you want! adb reboot recovery

Otherwise, there is a fix to enable the combo over at XDA developers, it's a bit risky mind

For rooting, you can use Z4root or Super one click root

presence06

you try this?

My link

Nick H.

Well I ended up just using One Click Root, it puts the phone in to recovery mode automatically. Recovery mode doesn't appear using the Vibrant's instructions though, I just tried.

techbeck

Well I ended up just using One Click Root, it puts the phone in to recovery mode automatically. Recovery mode doesn't appear using the Vibrant's instructions though, I just tried.

works fine for me...not sure what the prob is

nubs

I was under the impression you had to hold the Power Button, Volume Down, and Camera Button. But I have an Epic 4G so it may be different for me.

Nick H.

works fine for me...not sure what the prob is

Apparently some of the Galaxy S models have the recovery mode disabled. I'm not certain, I'm just going on what I've read on various sites while doing some research in to how to enter recovery mode.

Either way, I've now got it, and I've downloaded an app that allows me to restart it in recovery mode, so it's all good now.