AMD Catalyst 10.12 to be released today, featuring new UI

I had to install Catalyst 10.11 because of the issues with 10.12. Until AMD fixes it, I'm sticking with a relatively bug-free driver. It's a shame because I never had any issues with the Catalyst drivers. Hopefully they'll release a hotfix soon.

I have no stability, video, or flash problems (win 7 64 bit cat 10.12 with new ccc, ati 6850) I can watch multiple hd youtube videos at the same time just fine, and I am using the new flash with stage acceleration.

Wow. This is the first time I've had issues with video card drivers in a long time. I can't watch a single non-HD YouTube video because of some odd green playback. I also can't watch my HD movies via MPC-HC because my display driver crashes.

AMD dropped the ball with this driver release. :/

Agreed. I have not had any driver issues since I got my 4890 (June of 2009) until now. Odd that it is happening to you on non-HD youtube videos, it only seems to happen to me on 1080 hd youtube videos (720 works fine). But it is still really annoying and a pretty bad issue considering all things......I might rollback to 10.11 like you did, but I rarely watch YouTube videos and it seems to be the only affected videos for me personally (though that means I can't watch the Thor trailer in 1080p on youtube, can probably find it elsewhere though).

I have no stability, video, or flash problems (win 7 64 bit cat 10.12 with new ccc, ati 6850) I can watch multiple hd youtube videos at the same time just fine, and I am using the new flash with stage acceleration.

I wouldn't be surprised if the issues don't affect those with HD 6000-series video cards.

Agreed. I have not had any driver issues since I got my 4890 (June of 2009) until now. Odd that it is happening to you on non-HD youtube videos, it only seems to happen to me on 1080 hd youtube videos (720 works fine). But it is still really annoying and a pretty bad issue considering all things......I might rollback to 10.11 like you did, but I rarely watch YouTube videos and it seems to be the only affected videos for me personally (though that means I can't watch the Thor trailer in 1080p on youtube, can probably find it elsewhere though).

That's not the only issue. I can't watch my HD videos with MPC-HC using DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA). It allows video decoding to be hardware-accelerated thereby lowering CPU usage. With all of my HD videos, my display driver simply crashes as soon as I play it.

30 seconds? That is abnormally slow.....even the old CCC (before the UI design they did before this recent one....back when I was still using an x1650 years ago) only took maybe 5 seconds to open, but I have always tried to keep my computer towards the top-end in terms of performance. The new one seems more responsive than the old, but the boot time for the CCC hasn't really changed much for me even comparing this brand new one to the old ones.

I am talking a pretty fair time back now... Probably a good 4+ years ago, back when I used to have an ATI 9700

If you lose a thumb, they can transplant one of your big toes onto your hand instead. It's better than having a stub, but it's still a toe attached to your hand.

I don't know if you where trying to be cute there, but that's probably the worst analogy I have ever heard :/

I wouldn't be surprised if the issues don't affect those with HD 6000-series video cards.

That's not the only issue. I can't watch my HD videos with MPC-HC using DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA). It allows video decoding to be hardware-accelerated thereby lowering CPU usage. With all of my HD videos, my display driver simply crashes as soon as I play it.

I'll try installing them on my laptop later (hd2600). On my 6850 I also use MPC-HC with dxva and it works fine.

i thought the same thing. the OFFICIAL release has the old CCC. you have to download the driver package w/ the new PREVIEW. two different packages.

Thanks! But since i have no probs with drivers i am not sure i want to change anything especially thing like cc since i use it so rarely. Mosly for fan control :D

So what's the verdict on overscan/underscan people. since my ATi card has moved from the htpc to my desktop with an nvidia taking it's place I can now loner see if AMD/ATi insists on overscanning everything that goes to a hdmi connection and if the setting to change it is still hidden in an impossible to find place and if it resets as soon as you turn of the monitor/tv, or even switch input.

Installed this last night, not sure i am a fan of the new gui for the control center, however, it still works fine, Also the default fan speed of my card (5770 XXX) is faster and noticeably louder

Are you talking about video corruption (certain SD) and stuttering (most out-of-spec HD content)?

I usually play SD videos without DXVA.

For HD videos, I experienced stuttering and video corruption on DXVA with the Radeon card.

So what's the verdict on overscan/underscan people. since my ATi card has moved from the htpc to my desktop with an nvidia taking it's place I can now loner see if AMD/ATi insists on overscanning everything that goes to a hdmi connection and if the setting to change it is still hidden in an impossible to find place and if it resets as soon as you turn of the monitor/tv, or even switch input.

Not only am I not witnessing any under/overscanning problems with my TV or my two monitors all using HDMI, and the setting is quite easy to get to:

604415433.jpg

I'd like it more if it wasn't .net based .... don't like having a runtime running permanently in the background just in case I want to change settings.

Seems like you don't understand anything about .Net. The "runtime" is NOT a synonym for virtual machine. It's not "running". BTW even C and C++ have their own runtimes (crt = C RunTime).

I don't think you're able to name any "runtime-free" application.

• 1 month later...

so i've just tried to install the 'preview' for windows 7 , and it didnt seem to do anything... i uninstalled my previously installed driver first, then after i installed the new CCC , right clicking on the desktop didnt bring up the option for the catalyst control center, there is no entry in control panel, etc etc...

and then when i tried to install it again, but i chose the 'custom' option instead of 'express' , i dont see the option to install the actual drivers... just the control center, the ATI problem report wizard, the HDMI/DP audio driver, and microsoft visual c++ 2010 ...

Seems like you don't understand anything about .Net. The "runtime" is NOT a synonym for virtual machine. It's not "running". BTW even C and C++ have their own runtimes (crt = C RunTime).

I don't think you're able to name any "runtime-free" application.

.NET is actually a virtual machine by definition (one of the selling points.) It is not the same as a C or C++ runtime.

It doesn't do anything unless you actually have a program running though.