New Market Install

Working great here on my little hero :) I like the new look of the market.

I like it.

Some of the features is

"A new .apk file size limit has just been implemented, the new cap is 50MB this is to ?better support richer games.? Also on tap is support for ?device targeting? to best fit end users and their respective displays and densities. Which is a must have feature now that Android has a large window for variable screen sizes."

I am lost at the 50 meg limit? Some iphone games are 500megs.. wtf?

I have this installed (not from Phandroid) However, and it works rather nice indeed. Not a fan of the Xbox live style theme for it though.

market.png

Screen capture installed on my Original Motorola Droid (BB v0.5, Chevy01 LowV 1Ghz)

The .apk can download the game content to the sd card. Quite a few games use this technique, including NFS: Shift which downloads 150MB to the sd card on first run. The .apk itself is just a few megs.

I like it.

Some of the features is

"A new .apk file size limit has just been implemented, the new cap is 50MB this is to ?better support richer games.? Also on tap is support for ?device targeting? to best fit end users and their respective displays and densities. Which is a must have feature now that Android has a large window for variable screen sizes."

Poor wording. The cap was increased to 50MB from 25MB.

The reason for the cap is because most Android phones only have a few hundred MB of internal storage compared to the iPhone's 16GB.

Doesn't not work on OS versions prior to 2.2 such as the Epic's 2.1 Eclair OS.

Incorrect. The market update is being pushed to all phones from 1.6 an up, over the next two weeks.