WP7 "mango" update.

My link

In addition to talking up Windows tablets and slates at the January Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Microsoft execs also are expected to use the conference to give another push to Windows Phone 7. But the first ?major? update to the WP7 platform may not hit until August or September of 2011.

Mango is more like a Windows Phone OS 7.5 ? and may even be named that when it debuts.

Nothing official from MS of course, so we'll have to wait to see what CES and MWC bring in Jan and Feb.

Let's hope this really is a big update, there's so many "rumor makers" around hyping it up as a huge update so even if MS never promised anything, it it's not big, there's gonna be a lot of dissapoitned users, and several iOS/Android fanboys proclaiming how MS sucks and how inferior the OS is and how MS didn't deliver on what they (never)promised.

Interesting. They shouldn't call it that though - that just oozes geeky.

Well it's just a code name, they always use items or places as codenames. Or sometimes they just make things up haha.

Let's hope this really is a big update, there's so many "rumor makers" around hyping it up as a huge update so even if MS never promised anything, it it's not big, there's gonna be a lot of dissapoitned users, and several iOS/Android fanboys proclaiming how MS sucks and how inferior the OS is and how MS didn't deliver on what they (never)promised.

That's the key here, MS is keeping quiet about updates other than saying C&P is coming and CDMA which was a given. We really won't know if the rumors hold till they show up at CES and MWC and actually start giving details.

It'd be kinda good though if they can roll out a few small updates and then a big one that sets things up for WP8 the next year. January can't come quick enough now.

well according to the actual source it seem to indicate we'll only get C&P in january/february, and that magno with all the rest could be as late as august or so.

Well it's just a code name, they always use items or places as codenames. Or sometimes they just make things up haha.

I meant "Windows Phone OS 7.5 ? and may even be named that when it debuts".

well those trolls will troll no matter what. If MS delivers on all rumors, they will still find something to bitch about ("but but it doesn't have Apple logo on the back").

It' won't be names Windows Phone 7.5. it'll be Windows Phone 7, version 7.5

Ya, in the ads out MS just calls it Windows Phone without the number from what I've seen. The version number is just something extra like how iOS and Android does it as well. People don't say Android 2.2 they just say it's running Android.

As for the rumors of the Jan/Feb update(s), I think that we'll get the first minor one in Jan at or after CES for CDMA and C&P plus some minor fixes etc. Then at MWC MS will probably start to talk and or show early builds of this new major update, aka 7.5 which will roll out in summer/fall, w/e. The original rumor about MWC says that MS will discuss things not actually release anything, but I still figure that they could do smaller updates that just fix current problems here and there that people have brought up without actually adding new features.

These are just guesses though, so we don't really know, but with all the rumors of a "major" update on the way poping up from a few different places I think it's a safe bet that one IS coming, it's just a matter of when not if.

Oh how I wish there's Flash support...

Flash being just a add-on/plug-in could just hit the marketplace like the Youtube plug-in did when WP7 went on sale. MS doesn't have to actually roll out a whole OS update just for flash support in MIE.

It' won't be names Windows Phone 7.5. it'll be Windows Phone 7, version 7.5

Not even - it will just continue to be Windows Phone 7, without even the 7 being referred to in marketing.

It better have custom ringtone support or I'm gonna be ****ed.

They should be adding that, it's one of the things people are asking for now that C&P is on the way for sure. It seems the few off the top of my head is ringtones, unifide mailbox, multi-calander per account support I'd say, and then more multitasking etc. I really don't know what else feature wise right now though I'm sure there's little things here and there still missing.

CES can't come fast enough, then we can see if any of these rumors start to come true or not.

This is off topic but an app I would recommend is My WP7 Idea, it allows you to suggest improvements you would like to see.

This is off topic but an app I would recommend is My WP7 Idea, it allows you to suggest improvements you would like to see.

That's cool, is it from MS? Or does it at least send the feedback to some official WP7 blog/forum etc?

*edit* just found it, it's not from MS but still a good app to have and free. I like this as long as the MS gets the data and listens to it.

That's cool, is it from MS? Or does it at least send the feedback to some official WP7 blog/forum etc?

No it isn't, might be an MS employee though as Copy & Paste was suggested using it and that is being implemented

It just shows that MS does have a update roadmap internally and things are planned for 2011 but we just don't know what it is officially yet. The early sales numbers also brought with it talk of several updates coming.