How to import contacts to HTC Desire?

I am currently using a windows mobile 6.1 phone (samsung omnia 2). I am getting a HTC Desire in a day and want to import all my contacts to it from omnia 2. How should I go about doing it?

Alongwith phone numbers my contacts have a lot of info like address, birth dates and email address stored with them. I want to import all the data not just the phone numbers.

I saved a few contacts to the SIM card but only mobile numbers were copied, all the other data was missing. So that option is not feasible.

I have saved .vcf files of each contact on my computer. Can the Desire or HTCSync 3 read vcf files and import the data contained therein?

If you can import that .vcf file into a google account, you can import it into that google account. When you use the google account to set up your Desire, it will automatically import your contacts. This way, it's also synced with the account and if you format/restore, you'll never have to add them again.

I had saved vcf files of each of my contacts to my pc. Copied these to the sd card on my Desire and then imported all the contacts using 'People'. Worked perfectly.

• Skiver locked this topic