[Dev Channel] Google Chrome 10.0.xxx.y (for Linux, Mac OS X, Windows)

+Frank B.

Chrome Dev Release

The Chrome Dev channel has been updated to 10.0.642.2 for all platforms. Here?s what?s new:

All

• Updated V8 - 3.0.7.0
  • Many polish changes and fixes for the new tabbed preferences dialog
  • Several tweaks to Instant
  • [r71435] Integrate about:sync with the new tabbed preference dialog (Issue: 69500)
  • [r71519] Add ?Save? and ?Print? to the context menu of PDFs in frames (Issue: 50285)

Mac

• [r71232] Make thumbnails closable in tab overview mode (Issue: 50307)
  • [71208] Fix color of favicon and tab overview thumbnails (Issues: 24267, 50307)
  • [r71575] Fix crash in translation code (Issue: 67594)
  • [r71324] Fix unable to re-open extension popups that were closed by clicking the browser action button (Issue: 56340)

Linux

• [r71203] Fix crash on some distributions when accessing GNOME Keyring (Issue: 69295)

Full details about the Chrome changes are available in the SVN revision log. If you find new issues, please let us know by filing a bug. Want to change to another Chrome release channel? Find out how.

Jason Kersey

Source: Google Chrome Releases blog

mancode20

There's a new preview feature for message boards like this one. Allows you to, you guessed it, preview the post by clicking on a little page icon with a green arrow that pops up. It shows a little thumbnail view of the post. Pretty cool.

gigapixels

... That's part of the forum itself.

ViperAFK

lmao

mancode20

It is? I'll be damned! I never noticed it before. lol. That's pretty funny. I think I was just looking for an excuse to go back to Chrome since I've been using and loving Firefox 4.0 Beta 9 lately.

Ci7

new flags,

Instant Autocomplete Immediately:

Whether the search provider suggestion should be autocompleted immediately when instant is enabled.

Block all third-party cookies:

When the option to block third-party cookies from being set is enabled, also block third-party cookies from being read.

Zmijutin

Hmmm ... Is there any way to change language in version 10? I got stuck on Croatian xD

Ci7

Hmmm ... Is there any way to change language in version 10? I got stuck on Croatian xD

you are out of luck with this build , Google didn't add the option setting with "tabbed ui setting"

try to revert to chrome 9 beta , since it doesn't include the new tabbed setting , and change it in the regular setting then switch to dev channel if you still went to

edit:

the issue was their since build 7.0.503.0

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=56415

Zmijutin

THNX for reply... I'll hold my horses for a few days :)

Singh400

Flash plugin keeps crashing...?

Zmijutin

Everything good here... Fresh Windows 7 x64 install and latest chrome. Youtube and flash ads (LOL) are working great :)

Littlemutt

Flash plugin keeps crashing...?

I had tons of flash-crashes. I disabled Chrome's shipped version and am now using beta version 10.2.152.14, no more crashing.

Anibal P

I had tons of flash-crashes. I disabled Chrome's shipped version and am now using beta version 10.2.152.14, no more crashing.

Forgot how to do that, and the shipping version gives out of date errors in some sites, how do I do it?

+Frank B.

Dev Channel Update

The Chrome Dev channel has been updated to 10.0.648.6 for all platforms. This build primarily contains stability fixes from the previous dev channel release. Full details about the Chrome changes are available in the SVN revision log. If you find new issues, please let us know by filing a bug. Want to change to another Chrome release channel? Find out how.

Jason Kersey

Google Chrome

Source: Google Chrome Releases blog

Zmijutin

Language settings is working and working great!

THNX for heads up!

mancode20

Anyone having problems scrolling up and down pages? I don't know if that's normal, or if an extension is causing it. It doesn't scroll unless I click first (which is normal), but then it won't scroll again until I click the side scroll bar. Once it gets to the top of the page, it won't let me scroll again unless I click the bar. I hate how Chrome doesn't let you scroll until the full page is loaded. That's the main thing making me use Firefox over it. Let me know! Thanks! It seems to be because of two extensions. Chromium Wheel Scroller and PlainClothes. I wish Chrome would just get a smooth scroller option as good as Chromium Wheel Scroller. Anyone know of a firefox extension that works like Chromium Wheel Scroller? The closest I have found is Yet Another Smooth Scrolling. It's very close, but not quite.

BryanChung

My facebook game pages are crashing quite often after this udpate ...

2v8n42x.jpg

grik

This last update is fairly bad, never chrome crashed 2 times with me, and this version did.

bangbang023

I can't really tell for sure but it feels like smooth scrolling might be back on in the latest build. Anyone else noticing this?

Ci7

after 10.0.648.6

chrome option tab become lot cleaner (Y)

post-254628-0-39482200-1296419020.jpg

Malisk

Forgot how to do that, and the shipping version gives out of date errors in some sites, how do I do it?

Visit about:plugins, and then click "Info" in the top right corner. Then scroll down to "Flash" and ensure the Flash variant inside the Google Chrome directory is disabled ("Flash Player Plugin for Chrome"), while your standalone Flash version below it is enabled.

ToneKnee

... That's part of the forum itself.

LOL!

windows95isg8

Seems a lot faster to me, or maybe its just in my head lol

dancedar

Before this update I could type my search keyword (i for image search, pl for play.com search) and it would search the site for what I type after:

pl 32gb = search place.com for 32gb

Now though it simply says 'p 32 - Google Search' - below is the keyword one. Anyone else notice this - means for amazon (a 'xyz' to search) I now have to type 'a xyz [down arrow]' annoying, non? Why has this changed? I want my keyword search First, not default search for the keywords letter. I know I can press tab but it automatically brings up a[ppbrain] which I have to delete before pressing tab.