• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Kindle for WP7

spudtrooper    335

Anyone know if there is a new ETA? it was announced and demod as "coming in a few weeks" a while ago but haven't seen anything lately other then a few blogs that had a blurb about "soon" yesterday as well. With new android release this week, just wondering if we will see the WP7 release.

duddit2    194

Anyone know if there is a new ETA? it was announced and demod as "coming in a few weeks" a while ago but haven't seen anything lately other then a few blogs that had a blurb about "soon" yesterday as well. With new android release this week, just wondering if we will see the WP7 release.

Its apparently available now, but I'm in UK and ant fine it in both on phone market and zune market. Also the post announcing this on the main page right now has a zune link, when clicked zune opens and tells me this app is not available in my region, but there is no mention anywhere about the UK not being supported.

I want Kindle :(

Prince Charming    163

Its apparently available now, but I'm in UK and ant fine it in both on phone market and zune market. Also the post announcing this on the main page right now has a zune link, when clicked zune opens and tells me this app is not available in my region, but there is no mention anywhere about the UK not being supported.

I want Kindle :(

I'm not seeing it either in the UK. It can take a little bit of time to become available for all regions, give it a shot tomorrow.

George P    5,827

Lots of nice apps out now that I can't buy since I can't use my EU CC. I hope MS can open up the marketplace quicker to other countries like it just did with Xbox Live.

Kaneitto    16

If you use the Zune link posted in the main news article on your phone itself and not the Zune desktop software it works, just sent an email to myself with it in.

EDIT:\ This post = Link

neo158    281

Has anyone noticed how it will sometimes refuse to download books unless you're on wifi, that's not a major problem but I would prefer some feedback as to why it won't download.

Dark_ph0enix    13

Has anyone noticed how it will sometimes refuse to download books unless you're on wifi, that's not a major problem but I would prefer some feedback as to why it won't download.

Not sure how it works on a WP7 device, but on an actual Kindle, certain books won't download via Amazons whispernet system, due to the filesizes - they'll only work via Wi-Fi.

neo158    281

Not sure how it works on a WP7 device, but on an actual Kindle, certain books won't download via Amazons whispernet system, due to the filesizes - they'll only work via Wi-Fi.

That's what I thought, I enabled wifi, tried again and they downloaded. Some more feedback wouldn't hurt though, something like "Enable Wifi to download this book", or something like that, not sure if it does this on an actual Kindle. Very nice app though, it shows that Amazon took their time creating it.

spudtrooper    335

loaded up the app and its not bad! glad to see it finally out :)

George P    5,827

That's what I thought, I enabled wifi, tried again and they downloaded. Some more feedback wouldn't hurt though, something like "Enable Wifi to download this book", or something like that, not sure if it does this on an actual Kindle. Very nice app though, it shows that Amazon took their time creating it.

Well, the same is also the case for WP7 OS updates in the future, or so it's been said. There is some update cap of around 20MB I think, if they're smaller you can get them through the air but if they're bigger you need to connect to the PC and get them. I agree though, Amazon should've given you some info as to why and what to do.