• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Windows Phone 7 Handset Sales off to solid start

George P    5,814

THey finally gave a number, I figured they wanted to wait for after the new year but I guess all the haters taking silence for failure kept making noise so they had to say something early.

bob_c_b    13

THey finally gave a number, I figured they wanted to wait for after the new year but I guess all the haters taking silence for failure kept making noise so they had to say something early.

Yea, I think they wanted to wait for CES, but it's understandable they want to dispel the misinformation out there.

George P    5,814

We'll still probably get an updated number at CES either way when they start to talk about it. Did you also notice how the MS guy talked about "several"updates that they plan to release the next couple of months?? It seems that little tidbit went under the radar.

BajiRav    2,137

Keep in mind that these are not customer sales, but sales to carriers/retailers. More of a "shipped" number than "sold". I guess still a good number that shows market demand and certainly much better than stupid guesswork of 200k or lower.

George P    5,814

Keep in mind that these are not customer sales, but sales to carriers/retailers. More of a "shipped" number than "sold". I guess still a good number that shows market demand and certainly much better than stupid guesswork of 200k or lower.

Ya, they're OEM sales but to MS it makes little difference on the books since that's when they get their license fee either way. But using this number and taking into account the supply issue in many cases I think it's safe to say many of those 1.5m have sold through to consumers.

BajiRav    2,137

Ya, they're OEM sales but to MS it makes little difference on the books since that's when they get their license fee either way. But using this number and taking into account the supply issue in many cases I think it's safe to say many of those 1.5m have sold through to consumers.

right, I think it is safe to assume that there are at least 1million consumer sales (if not higher).

George P    5,814

The telling thing will be where that number goes from here, we'll have to wait and see what they state next time so we can get a good idea of growth rates etc. I'm going to bet on 3m by CES.

spudtrooper    335

Keep in mind as well that the sales are strong enough that AT&T ordered 8 million WP7 devices to sell :)

HawkMan    5,232

Where's the people who claimed only 40k sold now then ?