Search and View New Content

Woot! Now the new My Content link works too.

Currently though the "View My Posts" link on the user dropdown on the homepage takes you to an empty search form instead of the new "My Content" page. ;)

Woot! Now the new My Content link works too.

Currently though the "View My Posts" link on the user dropdown on the homepage takes you to an empty search form instead of the new "My Content" page. ;)

Almost...

It used to be that not visited threads titles were in bold, now they're all normal, or is it just me?

I believe it's been changed, as now New Content only shows stuff that happened since your last visit. Therefore everything in that list would be bold anyway.

I believe it's been changed, as now New Content only shows stuff that happened since your last visit. Therefore everything in that list would be bold anyway.

Well, in the past at least for me, it would reset after not visiting the forum for ~1 hour, if I entered, had for example 10 unread topics, open only 2 of them, exited forum, came back after like 10 minutes I'd see the 10 topics from before + any added in that 10 minutes, not visited in bold, visited (2 if nothing new has been posted in those 10 minutes) normal text. Now it's all normal text.

I hope it's clear what I meant :D

edit: here's how it used to look like before

R1eA4.jpg

so umm... is there a difference between 'new content' and spy? or is it just the spy auto refreshes itself , and the new content page doesnt

Yes, the spy auto refreshes. The spy just shows the ~50 (not sure how many) most recent posts, whether you've read them already or not.

New content can list several pages of all new posts you haven't read / since your last visit.

Not sure if I'm alone here or not, but it doesn't seem like View New Content is working quite right yet (maybe I just don't know how it's supposed to work). It doesn't appear to be up to date when I click it. For instance, right now at the top of the list on New Content just after a refresh is the WoW thread, however on the Spy I see 5 other threads have been posted in since that thread. Am I missing something? I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that before since I primarily use View New Content on my mobile and now I'm missing new posts if I do.

@ Inferniac - yo, whitelist Neowin dawg

Whitelisted, that is an old screenshot (obviously), on a fresh install of Opera 11 with NoAds extension, where I have forgotten to do it :)