Android Locked screen

I have a Cliq with 2.1 installed. I have seen the shots of this screen on the net and seen it on some phones. What is the Speaker thing? and How can I enabled it on my phone?

Sliding the speaker just puts the phone on full silent or vibrate for incoming calls and texts. What does yours look like? That's the default for all android phones unless they have a custom ui like your motoblur.

Sliding the speaker just puts the phone on full silent or vibrate for incoming calls and texts. What does yours look like? That's the default for all android phones unless they have a custom ui like your motoblur.

It's clearly not default on mine. I've got the stock Tmobile version of 2.1 and it doesn't have that. I was thinking maybe only 2.2 and higher have this. If all it does is what you describe then I'm missing nothing.

It's the Android default lock screen.

To "enable" it, will require you to root and install a new ROM (read: voids warranty, but worth it usually.).

I was thinking I might have to have some special mod for this. I'm not interested in rooting. My phones working well at present, I'll leave it alone.

Thanks for the replies (Y)

To be fair, you can un-root your phone at any time, and there are some massive benefits to rooting.

My backup utility needs the phone to be rooted but backs up and puts all my applications, sms, etc. on my online account, all I need to do is flash the phone, drop the software on it and click sync and hey presto everythings back....

honestly have a look at the rooting options :)

Grab "Widgetlocker" from the market if you want those sliders, no rooting needed. The app also lets you place whatever widgets you may want on the actual lockscreen, pretty handy imho.

I will also suggest this I know a lot of people that use it and are happy with it, Im a minimalist when it comes to my phone so It is not so good for me however, i have heard great things

Grab "Widgetlocker" from the market if you want those sliders, no rooting needed. The app also lets you place whatever widgets you may want on the actual lockscreen, pretty handy imho.

Hadn't heard of this. Shall take a look. The question though is if it supports things like Sense and Blur.