Mall Santa aids marriage proposal

COSTA MESA, Calif., Dec. 20 (UPI) -- A California man pulled off a festive proposal, enlisting the help of a mall Santa and his elves to pop the question to his longtime girlfriend.

Jonathan Nguyen, 27, said he spent days planning the Sunday proposal and enlisted the help of Santa, the elves and officials with South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa to propose marriage to Jenny Hoang, 27, whom he has been dating since 2001, The Orange County (Calif.) Register reported.

Hoang said she thought she was doing a Christmastime good deed by taking her friend's two children to the mall to see Santa but she did not expect the jolly old elf to reward her by calling her over by name.

:santa: "Jenny," Santa said, "you have been very good this year. I have a special gift for you."

Nguyen then emerged from his hiding place, dropped to one knee and produced the ring.

"Jenny, I love you so much," he said. "You mean so much to me. Will you marry me?"

Hoang said the proposal was the perfect Christmas gift.

"He makes my world. He is my world," she said after accepting the ring. "Oh my gosh, I love him so much." :wub:

source