Android Super Noob [HELP]

Hello! I have an Android phone my question is, can I listen to music streamed from Pandora for example on my car? I can connect my phone to the car radio via USB!

Hello! I have an Android phone my question is, can I listen to music streamed from Pandora for example on my car? I can connect my phone to the car radio via USB!

Not sure if you can do it through USB. Guess that would depend on what kind of stereo you have in your car. I do it all the time through an aux cable. Plug one end into the headphone jack, assuming your device has one and then the other into the stereo. Again, assuming your stereo has an aux port.

It is not possible for you to do it via USB no. The only method to play it through the car stereo would be through the audio out jack on the phone. Or via Bluetooth.

• Like 2

Another question, how I stop applications from autostarting?

Those are generally on a per app basis there is not (or at least not to my knowledge) a startup utility you can run through to see what is going to start on it, Generally you just go to the apps and tell them not to run unless you tell them to.

Those are generally on a per app basis there is not (or at least not to my knowledge) a startup utility you can run through to see what is going to start on it, Generally you just go to the apps and tell them not to run unless you tell them to.

Actually there is an app called Startup Manager that should accomplish what the OP wants.

These apps don't actually manage startup routines at all. They actually just kill the process upon start up/boot process. Glorified task killer, is what they are.

Oh, that's pretty useless then if that's all they do. I've never even thought about using it, but I have seen the name a couple times before.

Do not use a task manager with Android, or at least don't have it auto kill.

Android pre-loads commonly used applications into extra RAM. They processes aren't actually running and using CPU time and draining your battery. They are just sitting in RAM in case you happen to load them, they will load faster. If something else needs the RAM, Android will dump them out to make room.

PLEASE don't use a task manager with Android. They honestly hurt the experience, slow it down a bit, and actually decrease battery life since Android is always trying to cache the apps and the dumb task manager continuously kills them.

You also probably can not use USB to stream Pandora to your car. The head unit must support it, and as far as I know only the Ford Sync supports Pandora over USB from Android. There could be more, though.

Another question, how I stop applications from autostarting?

AutoStarts in the Market will do this for you. This is NOT a task manager. Be very careful when disabling what apps you do not want to start when the phone boots.

Essentially, there should not be many you will end up disabling in here in each of the categories. Most of the categories you will not even end up touching either. You will also not want to disabling any of the core services that makes the phone run or other applications. For example, if you were to disable the Alarm Clock from booting, and you use the Alarm on the phone, it will end up not working until you enable it again.

There is nothing wrong with doing this either or harm as long as you are careful on what you actually disable (like I said--won't be many).

If you end up trying this out, make sure that you enable USB Debugging under Applications > Development as per instructions in the app itself.

These apps don't actually manage startup routines at all. They actually just kill the process upon start up/boot process. Glorified task killer, is what they are.

I just wanted to be clear that what I said above, AutoStarts, is not a task manager or "glorified" one. It does not fall in this category with that Startup Manger app. Just in case this were to come up.