UK Venue Pro: Good News!

It will probably hit Germany and the UK in a similar time frame. I guess if nothing else, I can just order a German one :p

If they release them unlocked :/ The US ones, Dell is absolutely refusing to give people the unlock code...even if they bought it off contract and I find that absolutely pathetic.

Things work rather differently over here in Europe. If they're available off-contract, it means they're unlocked :)

Well dam you :p Though in most cases, it isn't hard to get an unlock code. Usually if you buy a phone off contract, you just have to call your carrier and they'll give you the unlock code. I've purchased 3 phones off contract in the past couple of years and never had an issue getting the unlock code.

If you buy them on contract you usually have to wait 2-3 months before they'll give you the code (unless you're a longtime customer).

Dell refusing to give out the code is the first I've heard of a company doing that :/ and it really isn't helping them.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, it's delayed some time through to March, first week or so as far as I can tell. I cancelled my order and ordered a LG Optimus 7 which should turn up tomorrow with a bit of luck! I'll probably pick up a Venue Pro for my birthday in July.