iPhone 4 Battery Drain

If you've recently updated to a newer version of iOS 4 for iPhone, that may be why. Some people are experiencing excessive battery drain with their iPads when before they use to have 10 (and sometimes longer) hours of battery life no matter what they were doing - me included, after updating to iOS 4.2. Check Apple's website about the expected battery life of the iPhone 4 on the iPhone section of the website, then you may want to ring up Apple and explain what it says on the website to the battery life you are experiencing. Like I said, if you have updated your phone to any newer version of the software since you've got your iPhone - that is probably why. No one knows what's causing the latest version of iOS 4 to cause battery drain but I'm very positive Apple are fixing it in a newer update that will be available soon / in the next update. Either way, you may want to call Apple as they may already be aware of an issue with the latest version of iOS or something else and acknowledge this for you or find there is an isolated issue with your iPhone (if there is, which I doubt - again, I could be wrong).

Hope this helps.

Well, I restored my phone as new and I have seen a HUGE difference. Probably about 2% drop overnight. This is probably because my bluetooth and wifi is on (no apps running on the background)

So, following the advice, I restored my phone as new without any apps. Played around with it and everything seems to be working out fine. I reinstalled Words with Friends and it doesn't drain my battery anymore. All my settings are back to what they were (fetch and notifications off, 3g off, wifi and bluetooth always on)

Now can I ask for a little bit of your time? When I divide the battery usage time over the percentage battery drain, I am getting on average 1% drop every 5 mins. I do excessive texting, moderate web browsing (safari, weather, stocks, mail) and very minimal phone calls.

I get standby of around 48 hours. Sometimes more.

Is this normal? Is it the same for everybody?