Rtm

indomiti

Maybe this is a stupid question:

Has the RTM of WinXP leaked yet?

What is the build number?

What exact size and date is on the .iso-file?

i got this one, this it what it says in the .nfo file:

Windows XP Professional XP Eval

RELEASE DATE ; 08-25-2001

And the size if the iso is: 512 325 632 bytes

mortensen
Originally posted by TassieToo

What you should be downloading is ........ usa_2600_x86eval.pro_whistler.iso and it should be 488 MB (512,325,632 bytes).

I found this on a warez forum - Not sure how accurate this is.

-mortensenj

indomiti

oh, thats the name on the iso i have, hopes it realy is the RTM now... and i downloaded another iso named: usa_2600__x86fre.pro_whistler.iso with the exact size but the date is 0821

i am REALY confused.. but what i know, you cant upgrade from RC2 with the real rtm, so i have to give my friend a cd tomorow and he will test, or do i have wrong? MY ENGLISH IS BAD.

mortensen

Wave your hands up in the air if you want WinXP RTM?

My Win98 crashes [bSOD] but at least it isn't anywhere near like WinXP was... crashes everyday, locking by running IE, Windows Messenger, WMXP skipped all over the place making it unusable.

Win98 may be crap but it's still a whole load better than XP.

OVERALL: Windows sucks... come on Linux [not that I've tried Linux, or even seen any screenshots].

-mortensenj

indomiti

Well, i have installed it now, is there any way i can figure out if this realy is the RTM??

dacris2000

This is what I think about all this:

Build 2600 is NOT the retail version of XP. It is only the RTM evaluation given to testers and the build that leaked on the 18th, and perhaps the build that was given to PC makers.

The retail version that will be in stores in September / October will be build 2601, which is in fact the true final build of XP.

Here's how I know.

The Platform SDK June edition was build 2505 because it was based on Windows XP RC1 which was also build 2505. This is when I found out that PSDK builds are the same as WXP builds. Now, the currently-released Platform SDK August edition is build 2601. This leads me to believe that there's still a build of Windows XP looming that hasn't been released/leaked yet, which is build 2601. Maybe my evidence here is unreliable but check out my screenshot of what the retail version looks like:

About Box

• 2 weeks later...
DWZ
Originally posted by dacris2000  

Maybe my evidence here is unreliable but check out my screenshot of what the retail version looks like:

About Box

Im only getting a 404...
SlashDot14

It has leaked because I am running a leaked version of 2600 corporate version-which means no activation. I am still going to buy it but I wanted to make sure that all of my stuff works and make sure that I actually want it before I shell out 200 for it. It was 493 mb and I would tell you where I got it but I don't want to encourage piracy. Even though technically this is illegal, I'm just demoing it so I can determine if it's worth the money.

Here's a screenshot:

mortensen

This post is REALLY old... brought back from the dead I guess. A lot of information here is out of date and so should be ignored.

-mortensenj

MytMowse

it's all final when you don't see the test only stuff on the desktop