Rift MMO

let me know if you need any help! would love to see healbot style addon!

From what I have seen, there is no casting yet. I have it to the point where I show a screen, it lists the players in my group with the difference between their max HP and their current HP. It also tells me if it's a right click, left click, or middle click on the name/button.

I want to change it though, cuz right now it's literally buttons on the form, but if I can change it into colored bars to replicate the health bars, then I will.

So far I am loving the game. My only hate is the teaming during dungeons. Its like all the wow-kiddies moved to this game and made things so much worse when they added the dungeon finder. They are so abusive to tanks and healers its to the point now its either do it with a guild or dont do it at all. Seriously they vote kick people for going to take a leak or if a monster 1 shots them due to having ****ty gear to start with.

Seriously they vote kick people for going to take a leak or if a monster 1 shots them due to having ****ty gear to start with.

What's wrong with vote kicking people that are undergeared for the dungeon? Makes no sense wasting your time trying to struggle through a dungeon wiping and probably never finishing due to getting paired with someone that shouldn't even be there.

What's wrong with vote kicking people that are undergeared for the dungeon? Makes no sense wasting your time trying to struggle through a dungeon wiping and probably never finishing due to getting paired with someone that shouldn't even be there.

Random people shouldn't be allowed to decide what they feel is "undergeared" for a dungeon. The game should do that. Honestly, the problem is too many people want things super easy. Is that "undergeared" person bad enough that there is no way you will complete the dungeon? Most likely not, but the kiddies who want to spam 2 buttons and win are going to think so, and therefore, vote to kick him.

Sorry, maybe I don't play enough P2P MMOs, but I have never seen a dungeon that made it difficult enough that people capable of getting into the dungeon were incapable to actually doing the dungeon. Rift is one of the first P2P MMOs I've played (though I do not pay for it, a friend does), and so far every dungeon I have been in has felt 'just right' in that I don't have great gear, but the dungeons were still do-able.

So far I am loving the game. My only hate is the teaming during dungeons. Its like all the wow-kiddies moved to this game and made things so much worse when they added the dungeon finder. They are so abusive to tanks and healers its to the point now its either do it with a guild or dont do it at all. Seriously they vote kick people for going to take a leak or if a monster 1 shots them due to having ****ty gear to start with.

I don't think its nearly as bad as wow is.. Some people are annoying, but that comes with any online game. If you're at least wearing the right gear, runes and crap i don't think anyone would kick you, but if you have empty slots and lazy dps or everyone is dying, people may opt to kick.. lots of gear choices to get going. However, a guild is always best for sure

New build on PTR for 1.6, the new group (20 man) instanced scenarios are looking like fun! New island is also huge for 1.6! Reminds me of when blizz gave a crap and gave us Isle of QD

Hmm, I am going to have my game-hands full.... I just resbudded WoW for 1 year to get the free copy of D3, the Mount, and expansion beta. I have Rift on a 1 year subscription plan, and my buddy finally bought Minecraft so he wants me to play that.

Hmm, I am going to have my game-hands full.... I just resbudded WoW for 1 year to get the free copy of D3, the Mount, and expansion beta. I have Rift on a 1 year subscription plan, and my buddy finally bought Minecraft so he wants me to play that.

HAHA!

I cant play both.. and i lost interest in D3 when it went to requiring battle.net for single player as well as D3 store, so little interest in seeing value in the blizz deal.

I cant play both.. and i lost interest in D3 when it went to requiring battle.net for single player as well as D3 store, so little interest in seeing value in the blizz deal.

I dunno, I guess it doesn't affect me, as I already have wow, have had wow since before battle.net it's what I need to play WoW (BNet).. so to require it for D3.. it's cool with me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone still play this? I'm considering resubbing until GW2 (that is, if it does not dissapoint), but i'm curious how the game has come since i unsubscribed a handful of months ago. For instance, has there been any updates to the animations of characters and such? The thing that always threw me off was the animations that felt so... disconnected. For instance, turning left and right the character just spun, there was no foot shuffle or such and it really broke immersion.

blazed through the 20 free levels in 2 sittings. and sadly did not really enjoy the game all that much.

Anyone still play this? I'm considering resubbing until GW2 (that is, if it does not dissapoint), but i'm curious how the game has come since i unsubscribed a handful of months ago. For instance, has there been any updates to the animations of characters and such? The thing that always threw me off was the animations that felt so... disconnected. For instance, turning left and right the character just spun, there was no foot shuffle or such and it really broke immersion.

I had the same idea you had. I bought a month of gametime, and I played for a week before I got bored again. The game still looks unfinished - recycled armour textures, no different choices in pet skins. recycled town textures and styles, problems with role balance and so on.

It's just not a good game.

When Rift first started out, I honestly loved it. It felt like a mix of Vanilla WoW and Warhammer...

Then as I started to level up, and got higher and higher and saw more and more of the game...

I realized it was largely unfinished, the higher areas... The areas of high levels were mostly and largely abandoned... Thus, it was rough trying to obtain the currency required for zone epics.

The PvP was great though. Very Warhammer-eske, and playing as a healer really made you feel like you were making a big difference for everyone around you, thus making you feel important...ish.

Rift was an excellent attempt at an MMO, and quite honestly back at release when I bought it - It was worth every penny. But now? I wouldn't invest the time, because the game will soon be fully F2P i'm betting.

I agree. The pvp was fun and the only reason I sunk 300 hours into it last year. What killed it for me was that they didn't know how to balance their game and they wanted to make it so you could only pvp or only pve, I wanted to do both. I've read recently that they made it so you now have to officially do one or the other with the new tree thing they made.

I'll try it again when it goes f2p though. :laugh:

When Rift first started out, I honestly loved it. It felt like a mix of Vanilla WoW and Warhammer...

Then as I started to level up, and got higher and higher and saw more and more of the game...

I realized it was largely unfinished, the higher areas... The areas of high levels were mostly and largely abandoned... Thus, it was rough trying to obtain the currency required for zone epics.

The PvP was great though. Very Warhammer-eske, and playing as a healer really made you feel like you were making a big difference for everyone around you, thus making you feel important...ish.

Rift was an excellent attempt at an MMO, and quite honestly back at release when I bought it - It was worth every penny. But now? I wouldn't invest the time, because the game will soon be fully F2P i'm betting.

It should adequately hold anyone over till Guild Wars 2.

• 1 month later...

After not playing for a few months, I decided to start a Warrior. I'm only level 14, started the character about 4 hours ago didn't play solid though. I'm going Reaver/Warlord it's a tank spec but more DPS than meat shield, closer to DK's in WoW. Must say I kick-ass. I got bored of my Cleric who is level 34, and am much prefering the hand to hand face-wipes that I face now.

After not playing for a few months, I decided to start a Warrior. I'm only level 14, started the character about 4 hours ago didn't play solid though. I'm going Reaver/Warlord it's a tank spec but more DPS than meat shield, closer to DK's in WoW. Must say I kick-ass. I got bored of my Cleric who is level 34, and am much prefering the hand to hand face-wipes that I face now.

Yeah, been running that warrior build through my mind since the game came out and I currently have one at level 18. The amount of resistance and life gain from the abilities is awesome. Not mention glorious amounts of CC. Don't forget to throw some points into the Riftblade tree (2% bonus damage per point spent for non-combat damaging abilities). I really enjoy this combination because it reminds me of the Mesmer and Enchanter from GW and Aion.

• 5 months later...

Looks like patch 1.10 is just right around the corner. With 1.10 we can now group up with Defiants and Guardians to raid, quest, 5 mans and world events. Apparently we soon realize the only way we can prevail is to come together. Interesting plot twist for sure!