Rift MMO

I figured with it being Saturday that the queue would be bad this morning. I had 0 queue on ShatterBone PVE server this morning. I'm level 14 if it makes much of a difference, but yeah, zero queue for the first time and it's Saturday morning. That's much better then I expected.

If you're on Shatterbone send me a msg or whatnot and we can group up. Name is Zeroh and I'm Guardian Rogue.

I figured with it being Saturday that the queue would be bad this morning. I had 0 queue on ShatterBone PVE server this morning. I'm level 14 if it makes much of a difference, but yeah, zero queue for the first time and it's Saturday morning. That's much better then I expected.

If you're on Shatterbone send me a msg or whatnot and we can group up. Name is Zeroh and I'm Guardian Rogue.

Bah, i'm on Shatterbone - but i'm Defiant.

So how's everyone doing after the weekend?

I made it to level 22. Spent a lot of time (more then I thought I would) working on my job skills and got them going pretty good.. I'm a Butcher, Outfitter, and Runecrafter, and these 3 crafing profs work prefect with each other. I'm about 110 for Outfitting, 90 for Runecrafting, and 85 for Butcher. I can also hold my own very, very well on rifts. I'm usually top 3-5 right now on the public groups. Had some great small groups, and was also reading that grouping gets you extra xp, so I was throwing random requests at people in the same area to join and it worked out pretty well.

I'm a High Elf Rogue, Assassin, Nightblade, Riftstalker. I crit for 320+ depending on buffs. Here's a quick screenie of my stats right now:

post-12218-0-62901700-1298867885.png

I'm level 23 at the moment. I somehow got underleveled and had to take a break and do some PvP to catch up. I'm really debating whether i want to stick with my mage or go for a rogue. I absolutely HATE leveling, so i'm not sure. I feel like my mage DPS is really lacking at the moment, not to mention i have near 0 survivability. Thank god my necro spec can keep my zombie knight up during fights, or i would be dead in a matter of seconds.

The game seems to be off to a great start. The impressions from both GameInformer, IGN's Review In Progress, and users seem to be extremely positive. I really am optimistic that Trion has a hit on their hands. I just finished Stonefield (i think that's the name, it's the zone after Freemarch) and i am loving this game more as i level.

I've been thinking about picking this one up. Are there any big, established guilds yet? I am less into playing and more into socializing with my MMOs.

I've been thinking about picking this one up. Are there any big, established guilds yet? I am less into playing and more into socializing with my MMOs.

Can check the forums. Tons of shards are up. Some have eastablish'd guilds other were thrown together (mine) and have been built over the past week.

There are ton of guilds that have moved to this game. A guild on my server is from the EQ1 days and is getting a ton of server firsts.

I'm level 23 at the moment. I somehow got underleveled and had to take a break and do some PvP to catch up. I'm really debating whether i want to stick with my mage or go for a rogue. I absolutely HATE leveling, so i'm not sure. I feel like my mage DPS is really lacking at the moment, not to mention i have near 0 survivability. Thank god my necro spec can keep my zombie knight up during fights, or i would be dead in a matter of seconds.

I am basically the same as you, level 23 mage pyro and love it. I do feel underpowered at times, but mostly it's awesome.

There are ton of guilds that have moved to this game. A guild on my server is from the EQ1 days and is getting a ton of server firsts.

Wait, there is endgame? o.o

Why wouldn't there be?

41 this morning. Hoping to be 45 by the end of tonight. Gotta work heavy all weekend, was hoping to hit 50, but doubt it'll happen with current work schedule. Having a blast, always nice to get shard firsts achievements (because I love achievements!). Got two dudes in my guild that probally hit 50 while I was at work. I'm third at 41, with about 4 people at 39 and another 10 or so 32+. Couple of weeks should have plenty of peeps working on raid rifts, expert dungeons and raids. :)

Bought this game today, rolled a rogue on briarcliff. Using Assassin/BD/RS souls atm. Combat doesnt seem all that fun though. Just 3 buttons, and I have a tendency to die alot. :blink:

Bought this game today, rolled a rogue on briarcliff. Using Assassin/BD/RS souls atm. Combat doesnt seem all that fun though. Just 3 buttons, and I have a tendency to die alot. :blink:

It gets MUCH more complicated at higher levels. You will have more skills then you will know what to do with.

Yes, and quite a lot of content. There are hard modes of everyone dungeon, and there are 2 raids that are out. They will also be releasing another here pretty soon.

Does anyone else feel the need to remove redundant skills when they get access to new souls?

I have a ranger which I started of with, then I added marksman, and promptly found that head shot was pointless when compared with marked shot, so I just took it off my bar. It makes the game more like Guild Wars in that respect, which is a good thing to my mind.

Does anyone else feel the need to remove redundant skills when they get access to new souls?

I have a ranger which I started of with, then I added marksman, and promptly found that head shot was pointless when compared with marked shot, so I just took it off my bar. It makes the game more like Guild Wars in that respect, which is a good thing to my mind.

They have to have some redundant skills as each class (like Druid and Shaman) need a plain ol' melee smack attack. After the first few none of the skills i have found overlap, and even then some of the basic skills are slight better than others. Such as on my Necro/Warlock i can generate more charge via warlock talents if i spec into Void Bolt (warlock's first spell), rather than using the Plague Bolt (Necro's first spell) which increases my pet's damage. More charge = more soul purge = faster killing. Ranger and Marksman are both ranged damage dealers with a bow, if they did not give a comparable move to each at low levels then how would they deal much damage? It's just a basic damage attack.

Been really enjoying the game. I am currently a level 29 Mage (Pyro), which is the highest level I have ever been in any MMO. I usually stop playing by now for many reasons. At first I felt like the Mage was underpowered, but I guess they shine after level 27. Also been doing a lot of the PVP, which I never liked in any other MMO. So that is saying something.

The whole achievement and twitter aspect is awesome as well!

I tried looking for a demo around their site because I'm interested in trying this game and I couldn't find one. Does anyone know if there will be one soon?

Up to level 33 now with my rogue. I'm going full crit assassination with some RB/NB stuff for added damage. I can hold my own pretty well right now with minimal downtime, just pots. Keep wasting time doing the crafting though. When I ding every level or so I usually soul stone back to Sanctum to offload everything and craft. When I did at about 31 my heavy leather armor from Outfitting was better then what I had on, by quite a bit (and I wasn't under geared either). That was a nice change from never wearing anything.

Having lots of fun with there always being something to do. Be it quest, dungeon, craft, or rift, I can't wait to get to 50 to settle down and start exploring and doing some high level things where I can settle on gear.

I tried looking for a demo around their site because I'm interested in trying this game and I couldn't find one. Does anyone know if there will be one soon?

No trial being mentioned yet so it's unlikely it will appear any time soon. Very worth it in my opinion. I have solo'd pretty much the bulk of everything and just random pug's. I joined some guild but I'm surprised how dead it is. Great people just very dead.

Currently 45. Could push 47 tonight and 50 tomorrow. But taking some time to run around doing invasions and achievements. Gulid is awesome, snagging most of the realm dungeons first (as an entire guild or one-three of us). Got two 50's already, with an additional 5 at 45. Got some more pushing there way through 30's. Having a blast. :)

Is everyone enjoying this so far? I am thinking about picking this up - but I am torn between this and Dragon Age 2. I've never finished DAO but I am doing a play through now to beat it before I get into DA2. However I need to run to Best Buy here in a bit to pick up a few things for work and was thinking about grabbing this while I am there =). What do you guys think, Rift or DA2?.

Yeah I know they aren't exactly in the same category - I've heard mixed things about DA2 as well. I guess I will wait on DA2 to be released for a few months to get a better idea. Still trying to finish DAO anyway. Rift it is!

It's kinda scary how much time people can put into MMOs, I just hit level 30, but we have numerous 50s in our guild so far, with unholy number of hours played. I'm absolutely loving the game so far, my necro/warlock build is starting to feel very powerful. I swapped out some points into improved soul bolt (or whatever the warlock nuke is called) and pumped points into +charge, and now i'm a monster drain tanker.