Reputation votes bumped up

Members can now vote 50x within a 24 hour period; before it was 5 times.

Subscribers Tier 1 & 2 can do this unlimited (or 200x) within a 24 hour period.

Since the reasoning behind it is now limited to the technical areas, hopefully this won't be abused.

The flood control for Members is also reduced to 10 seconds, from 20 seconds (before the upgrade). This has to do with our better scalability, subscribers do not have flood control.

• Like 2

Maybe I'm just blind, but I don't see the rep button on posts? :\ (Chrome 10)

The reputation system is only being used in the technical forums, like Hardware Hangout, Platform Support etc.

How are there posts in this thread that are green with no rep button?

I'm guessing you can only give a member only one reputation point per thread.

Edit: I misunderstood your post before. :)

How are there posts in this thread that are green with no rep button?

That seems to be the result of a workaround. I don't know how it's done (could someone explain it?), and I hope it can be fixed.

That seems to be the result of a workaround. I don't know how it's done (could someone explain it?), and I hope it can be fixed.

Aye - there's a quite easy to exploit 'work around' that lets you rep non-tech posts (I repped the post immediately above my first post in the thread). I sent in a Message about it, as it became obvious as soon as the system was first switched on.

My guess is that the workaround is hardly that easy to turn off without digging into the rep part of ipb source code and implement a check for where that rep shall go to (aka, tech topic -> true/false?).

The current method is just a simple check whether the button to call that function is the rep code is to be displayed or not.

Solution: Call ipb support and ask them to fix it.

Solution2: Have a dev improve the rep code.

Glassed Silver:lin