DJ-Equipment

i am thinking about getting me some semi-pro dj-equipment stuff to be able to do my own mixes. so far i used software based solutions only like traktor dj studio or virtual dj.

as nice as these programs have been and still are they are lacking something and mixing with mouse only feels not like a real dj for me. :D

so now i have been looking for some dj controlers where i can use both of my hands to scratch, mix and so on. the usual stuff.

as i am a beginner i dont want to pay 1000?+ for some gr8 equipment especially if i later decide that its not my thing.

so i was looking arround and found the "DJ-Tech U2 STATION Mk2" which seems to be a very nice dj controller for me.

according to this review http://en.audiofanzine.com/dj-cd-players/dj-tech/u2-station-mkii/editorial/reviews/station-to-station.html

it should be suited to my needs perfectly.

i have googled for other reviews but not found many. i have found some youtube video presentations and they all looking good.

what i would like to know now is if there is maybe some pro dj arround here on neowin (has to be :p) or some others who maybe have bought that dj station and can give me some final words about it? any advice is welcome. just dont try to price-upgrade me (the dj tech u2 is about 360? here and thats the maximum im gonna spend).

thanks a lot! :D

anyway ... i ordered it today. if it sucks i ll send it back, if its good i ll write a review for neowin :p

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I didn't see this thread as I usually don't come into this section. I think you made a pretty good choice with that unit actually. It's by no means as good as a real turntable with final scratch, ect. or the better cd-style turntables like the Denon DS-3700 with a dedicated mixer, but it's still a pretty nice little bit of kit that should be a pretty good representation of what DJing is about.

Sorry, I didn't see this thread as I usually don't come into this section. I think you made a pretty good choice with that unit actually. It's by no means as good as a real turntable with final scratch, ect. or the better cd-style turntables like the Denon DS-3700 with a dedicated mixer, but it's still a pretty nice little bit of kit that should be a pretty good representation of what DJing is about.

thank you mate! ofc its not as good as real equipment but real equipment costs the double or the tripple and i had a price limit and well .,, what shall i say? today it arrived (i couldnt try out whole day stupd work :p ) so since 3 hours im at home and trying and well.. its AMAZING... i totally love it, its simple, still offers lots of options...now gonna write the promised review for neowiners , well who knows maybe it can animate another one to buy it :yes: :D