Mac OS Desktops - 1st Q 2011

cleandesksmall.jpg

dirtydesksmall.jpg

CLICK TO BIGGEN UP. (each image is 2560x1440)

It's my girlfriend on the right kissing our friend at my band rehearsal on Sunday :D lol.

Love the shot, and I put it on the background.

I only have a few apps in the doc. I tend to prefer most of it in the Apps folder.

Snow Leopard v10.6.7 on a Quad Core i5 2.8ghz 27" iMac. Love it! :)

I understand if its your personal preference, but I think majority people say the same because they think its "cool" now, but I find the default skin plain ugly, and the inability to change it draconian.

It is "plain and ugly" for a reason. Gray is a neutral color which doesn't take attention away fron the main focus that are the apps. I think it is a nice and well designed skin. It's very distracting to work with a blue, green etc skin.

• Like 2

I understand if its your personal preference, but I think majority people say the same because they think its "cool" now, but I find the default skin plain ugly, and the inability to change it draconian.

You, you cant really change a lot except for color in windows by default, you have to change system files to allow for custom themes and really (yea, personal opinion again but you have them too as we see :) we all do) I can see why Microsoft don't allow custom visual styles by default there are only like 2 or 3 good ones among the hundreds released, and the few that look good are basically aero with some small tweaks :p

I guess, most Mac users simply like how it looks by default :p

(Windows 7 user myself)

~snip

Is QE/CI enabled in that picture, I can't even tell because of the background is very dark/light based... Just wondering :p

Mine:

content

Is QE/CI enabled in that picture, I can't even tell because of the background is very dark/light based... Just wondering :p

What is QE/CI?

What is QE/CI?

Quartz Extreme and Core Image, it's basically a name for enabling the full portential out your graphics card. Easy indicaitor to see if it's enabled is that the apple bar (top bar) is translucent.

Quartz Extreme and Core Image, it's basically a name for enabling the full portential out your graphics card. Easy indicaitor to see if it's enabled is that the apple bar (top bar) is translucent.

Well I dislike the translucent menu bar and have it disabled.

love the wallpaper, BTW does the iMac do that screen res?

Yeah, that is native iMac 27 inch screen res .... 2560x1440 ... The 21 inch iMac is 1920x1080 I think.

Thanks ... I love this wallpaper ... most of my wallpapers tend to be stuff with my girlfriend in! LOL!

Hey man, what theme are you using to customize your menu bar? It looks awesome! :)

It's a small app called Nocturne.

Decided to go more plain...

BbeOq.jpg

Love the dock and icons. Which package are you using?

Love the dock and icons. Which package are you using?

David Lanham icons (steam icon package by him) on the far right, and individual icons I got from weloveicons.com :)

Also I believe the "apps" icon on the far right next to the steam icon set is pry icon set.

As for the dock itself it's called "float ocean" by Rick Patrick.