[Win 7 x64] My webcam keeps BSOD'ing my PC

Well, I've had Windows 7 Ultimate x64 for over a year, and never had a BSOD until yesterday, and since then, I've had three, and every time, it's been because of my webcam.

I've got a Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000. It's always worked fine for me before, but now it always BSODs my PC after about 15-20 minutes of use. Each time, the BSOD says the cause is "lvrs64.sys", which is part of the webcam drivers.

Now, it BSOD'ed on me twice yesterday, both times using Skype 5 (the latest version), and once today using Windows Live Messenger 2011 (the latest version). Before using it in WLM today, I checked for updates to the webcam software and drivers, and there were, so I installed them before I used it, but it still BSOD'ed the PC at around the same length of usage.

Does anyone possibly know a fix for this?

Try updating the drivers ?

I said in the OP that I updated the software and drivers this morning.

I know you already updated the drivers but try completely removing them and just installing the newest ones

OK, I'll give that go. I'll just remember to use Driver Sweeper to remove all traces of it. Ignore that, I'm an idiot. :p I'll uninstall the drivers as usual, the uninstall the software using jv16 PowerTools to remove all traces.

Well, if that doesn't help. I would recommend to buy a different wc. I used to have the crappy Lenovo Webcam and keep on crashing my computer. I went out and bought a wc that doesn't need any additional driver and work straight out of the box. Work like a champ and haven't had any crash ever since...

Looks like installing the drivers cleanly has sorted it out! I've been video chatting on Skype for nearly two hours now with no problems. :)

Scratch that. It BSOD'd again about 10 minutes ago after being on Skype for over 3 hours. :( Same error as before: lvrs64.sys

So there's a problem with their driver. I guess you can try Logitech's forums? Maybe someone over there will have a better idea or if they have some kind of bug reporting, you can try that.

So there's a problem with their driver. I guess you can try Logitech's forums? Maybe someone over there will have a better idea or if they have some kind of bug reporting, you can try that.

I just posted on there now, so hopefully someone over there can sort it out.

Wait, are you using a laptop ? Sometime you might get a BSOD if the computer doesn't provide enough power for the webcam. Try either plugging in your power adapter (if you're using a laptop) or try a different USB port (if yours is a PC). Post back here your results and we can go from there.

Wait, are you using a laptop ? Sometime you might get a BSOD if the computer doesn't provide enough power for the webcam. Try either plugging in your power adapter (if you're using a laptop) or try a different USB port (if yours is a PC). Post back here your results and we can go from there.

No, I'm on a desktop. I'll try it later with a different USB port. I am using one of the rear USB ports as well, directly connected with no extension cables. I don't know if that helps, but I remember my brother's Sony MP3 player wouldn't work properly when I plugged it into one of the front USB ports through an extension cable. When I plugged it directly into the front USB port, it worked straight away.

OK, I haven't really had any suggestions from the Logitech forums yet, but one of them helped me to find out the code from the BSOD. Answers on a postcard...

"STOP: 0x8000000000000002 (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff88007810308, 0xfffff8800906c9d8, 0xfffff8800906c240)"