HD7 screen tearing / app crashes / etc

nothin2seehere

Hi all,

Got a new HD7 just after Christmas days ago on O2 in the UK. Seemed fine for the first 48-72 hours, but ever since I've been experiencing problems with screen corruption (in Facebook and People apps to name but two); Twitter and Flashlight official apps refusing to open at all; device won't turn on without a battery pull; and most recently after a full night's charge the battery indicator only getting to about 80%.

Anyway, I've taking the device back to O2 to get it replaced tomorrow (hopefully they'll be OK about it and not insist on stupid factory resets etc) but if anyone else is experiencing problems like this - it seems pretty widespread - I'd urge you to report it to HTC.

I've also heard a rumour that HTC are recalling the device, nothing official though.

Anyone else?

Otherwise loving the phone and just waiting for a few more apps :)

Mr. Gibs

Nothing wrong here and I've been using it for about 5 days now :/

I read somewhere that the gen1 HD7s did have a couple of issues, so if you did get one of those...replace it (like you've done).

micro

known problem with gen 1 hd7's.. I wish htc would have used NAND.. I would have gladly accepted 8gb of nand flash vs this sdcard crap. I've had two phones sdcards corrupt on me after like two weeks. The first time it crapped out as soon as i hit the 5gb of storage mark, and the second time it happened at 8gb..

This is my third hd7, i've never had screen problems though. Just os corruption due to SDCARD corruption.

nothin2seehere

Thanks! Any way of checking if I have gen1 or 2 hardware? I mean, my hardware revision number is 0002, so I'm /assuming/ I'm already on gen2 and still seeing weird issues..

Prince Charming

Don't think there's any way to *know* the hardware rev. Just take it back, get a replacement and all should be good :)

nothin2seehere

Now you mention it, and now I know it's a bloody sdcard instead of "real" memory, this sounds like the SD card /could/ be the culprit. Gen1 or 2 hardware wouldn't make a difference then if that's the issue.

Just seen this btw:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=883582

Nice :)

• 2 weeks later...
slysy

I had the same problems with screen corruption on the HD7. I also got random reboots and intermittent interference when using headphones (sounded like mobile static - dit dit-dit-dit dit-dit-dit etc). It was the same with a replacement HD7 as well so I ended up changing it for a different model (but stil running WP7 :) )