Speckie v1.0.0 - Spell Check for IE

Try the latest version to see if you still experience the same issue.

Latest 64 bit version doesnt install for me. Doesnt show up in addons or control panel.

Tried the version which is supposed to determine between 36 and 64 and it has the same issue but also crashes IE 64 when I open a new tab.

+Vykranth; I guess I can put *recommended* next to the 32 bit installer download to help make a choice easier ? I'm not too sure, if you have any suggestion I'm open to it.

I would put

Speckie 32-bits (For users of Windows 32-bits and users of Internet Explorer 32-bits on Windows 64-bits)

Speckie 64-bits (For users of Internet Explorer 64-bits on Windows 64--bits)

That covers precisely every case.

my apologies guys, I forgot to register the Speckie dll in the individual installers. All fixed now so download the installer again.

The problem with the dictionaries is still there and the 64 bit version also crashes the browser when opening a new tab (IE9 RC btw)

could you let me know what other IE addons you have ? It sounds like there may be a conflict with another addon.

Is the 64-bit version of IE9 supported?

yeah, it is.

I would put

Speckie 32-bits (For users of Windows 32-bits and users of Internet Explorer 32-bits on Windows 64-bits)

Speckie 64-bits (For users of Internet Explorer 64-bits on Windows 64--bits)

That covers precisely every case.

I've added an all-in-one installer to alleviate any confusion. Check out the download page.

Still can't select other dictionaries :( Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit, IE9 RC, default protected Admin account.

hmm, so the new dictionary shows up in the menu, you click on it but it doesn't switch. Is that correct ?

could you let me know what other IE addons you have ? It sounds like there may be a conflict with another addon.

I tried disabling all other add ons and the issue still remains.

I only have a couple, Flash and Download accelerator.

OK, I'll look in to it. Thanks for your patience :)

Take all the time you need. :yes: This is one of the best IE add-ons ever made and the best spell checker for IE. (Y)

Edit: Dictionary: English - Great Britain

OK, I've resolved the issue with the dictionary not switching and I've kind of resolved the vbulletin quick reply issue; that one is a tricky one.

Before I release the fixes, could someone with a Phoenix invite shoot one my way please ? I'd like to look in to that before the next release.

I'm in loving this application, finally I can remove IeSpell which hasn't been updated in ages, really nice work, thanks so much, I bet downloads will reach the millions buddy!

I'm in loving this application, finally I can remove IeSpell which hasn't been updated in ages, really nice work, thanks so much, I bet downloads will reach the millions buddy!

Thanks for the feedback, glad you like it :)

OK, I've resolved the issue with the dictionary not switching and I've kind of resolved the vbulletin quick reply issue; that one is a tricky one.

Before I release the fixes, could someone with a Phoenix invite shoot one my way please ? I'd like to look in to that before the next release.

Works in Quick reply but not doesn't work on the reply to thread option in forums :no:

aXWkG.png

Works in Quick reply but not doesn't work on the reply to thread option in forums :no:

aXWkG.png

Yeah, try clicking outside the reply box and then back into it. I had to do it a few times to get it going. The reason vBulletin is proving difficult is the way their edit fields are done are causing IE not to fire the usual notifications. I will however, continue to try and resolve the issue, it'll just take some lateral thinking.