Preferred Launcher App?

279 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite launcher?

• LauncherPro
    • ADW Launcher (Default CM6 Launcher)
    • Zeam Launcher
    • Go Launcher
    • Sense Stock Launcher
    • Android Stock Launcher (Whatever ships with stock Android carrier based ROMs)

Given that I am a fairly new HTC Incredible user (one month in), this is all new to me, so I will be checking out Launcher Pro and others guggested here. Thanks! :)

Wow, that was quick, I was about to tell you :p.

You should keep in mind though that you won't be able to use any HTC Sense widgets in any other launcher except the Sense launcher.

Awwww I like that clock and the messaging widget :(

I even bought launcherpro plus. I like it but with the little memory my Motorola Droid has, ADW Launcher was a better option because it gets killed a lot less than LauncherPro did. My votes ADW.

Alright, now that I'm comfortable with messing around with the launchers on my Desire I have been giving LaucherPro and Go Laucher a go. LauncherPro is much slicker and I must admit I'm drawn closer to that one but Go Launcher is pretty good too and I quite like the App Drawer, if you could combine the overall slickness of LauncherPro with some of the features (i.e. App Drawer) from Go Launcher I think you'd be onto a winner :)

HTC Sense. Have tried out both Launcher Pro (and plus) and ADW Launcher, but came back to Sense. These alternative launchers may be superior to Sense in terms of features, but they just cannot match the attention to detail in the interface. There are minor (noticeable by me at least) niggles in the UI all over which I will not go into here. The LP widgets also might be nearly identical to Sense looks wise, but if you compare them both carefully, you will see that the Sense widgets do not have any flaws in terms of the design whereas the LP widgets have blurred and jagged spots here and there.

OK, over the last few days I have tried Launcher Pro (paid regged), ADW and Go Launcher...

ADW was just buggy as hell, lagged and generally just sucked.

Go Launcher was the most feature friendly I found, loved it - but again it was REALLY laggy

Launcher Pro has some pretty annoying features, but seems to run the best.

This was on an Advent Vega tablet.

Switched from LauncherPro to Go Launcher. Go has all the features I liked in LauncherPro, but it runs better and has a few improvements over LauncherPro in various areas (app drawer for example).

I'm a purist. I like everything to be stock as far as the UI goes (with a minor exception for the status bar, which I've changed). So I prefer the stock launcher. And using CM6 with ADW kinds of bugs me because its not stock.

I've had LauncherPro since Day 1. It was the first thing i installed. However, with switching ROMs and losing all of my setup, I thought to try some other stuff and I have been loving Go Launcher since I put it on. My only complaint is that whenever I add a new app, it is added to the end of the app list until i redo the sort or reboot the phone. Not a big issue though. This is what i love about android though, I can change anything and if i don't like it, easily go back. I also switched to Go SMS to replace Handcent and it is not bad at all, probably on par with handcent from what i have seen.

scratched my vote for launcher pro to sense cause flashed latest sense from desire HD rom onto classic desire and is much much better then standard one currently available and it's pretty much near perfect. More snappier, more features, themeing, htc hub, locations, improved contacts management etc :)

ADW is very good and I have never seen any lag from it. I tried launcherpro but I prefer ADW. Still new to this game so I building probably change a few times before I stick to one.

T8

launcher pro on gingervillain rom and stock sense on sense hd roms. first one runs quite a bit faster in my impression.