Preferred Launcher App?

279 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite launcher?

• LauncherPro
    • ADW Launcher (Default CM6 Launcher)
    • Zeam Launcher
    • Go Launcher
    • Sense Stock Launcher
    • Android Stock Launcher (Whatever ships with stock Android carrier based ROMs)

Launcher Pro with out a doubt. I've been using it since day one, don't see that changing any time soon. Fede is the man.

• 3 weeks later...

On my Atrix, I'm fine with Motoblur because it's very simplistic when compared to what Samsung, HTC, and LG put on their devices. On my old Backflip, I used Launcher Pro for the smoothness it gave on older hardware.

I love HTC Sense, it is the most complete UI. I also love ADW and LauncherPro, both are snappy and offer great functionality. I switch between these three.

I like ADW for the first 2 or 3 days of use, but after that is just laggy ... :\

So I've been using Launcher Pro for ages (never had a slowdown) and I love it :)

Go Launcher here, I had used ADW free and liked it but as soon as I bought the pro version (ADW EX) rebooting the phone crashed it horribly, forcing me to get it sent in for repair. Got it back, reinstalled ADW EX and boom same thing happened, I have had to get a refund. Pity as I did really like it.

On a separate issue, I just flashed my SGS to Darkys 9.3 b3 rom and it's awesome, so much faster than stock rom :)

I'm using LauncherPro Plus on my Motorola Atrix right now. Haven't had a chance to try any of the other launches since I'm pretty happy with LauncherPro.

Go Launcher Ex is pretty sweet (in conjunction with minimalistic text) and easy to configure. Bets of all, it's free. I tried ADW but it crashes every so often and although everyone recommends Launcher Pro, I'm yet to give it a try. :p

Used to use LauncherPro , but since there are no more updates on that, I've moved to Go Launcher EX . I'll wait and see how the rewrite of LauncherPro goes, and I might go back to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Used to use LauncherPro , but since there are no more updates on that, I've moved to Go Launcher EX . I'll wait and see how the rewrite of LauncherPro goes, and I might go back to it.

This.

LauncherPro is a bit behind the times, and even its widgets (LP+ only) are no longer exclusive to it.

GO Launcher EX is great, although it would be nice not to download a separate app just to have dock notifications.

Now using Go Launcher, loving it :)

This.

LauncherPro is a bit behind the times, and even its widgets (LP+ only) are no longer exclusive to it.

GO Launcher EX is great, although it would be nice not to download a separate app just to have dock notifications.

They do it that way because some people will not download apps that need access to your phone book, text messages, etc. When providing the notifications as a separate app, people can still download go launcher itself without a problem.

Elixir does a similar thing.

I prefer a launcher called Anarchy. You can find it on the Viper Team development page. It basically turns your home screen into a 3 dimensional block. You turn the block to see your pages. It's pretty awesome.

LauncherPro for me. It's nice looking, easy customizable, very fast. Loving the 3D app drawer.

Haven't really tried anything else, except some crappy Aero style and half-assed Metro, that didn't appeal to me.

LauncherPro kept crashing for me... This is from a build around December time... Has it been improved?

A new version has been released yesterday. Very stable and fast :)

Ah nice, will check it out. Is the the complete code rebuild they mentioned?

Nope just some fixes, Gmail Widget for Plus buyers and also additional screen transition effects.