Preferred Launcher App?

279 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite launcher?

• LauncherPro
    • ADW Launcher (Default CM6 Launcher)
    • Zeam Launcher
    • Go Launcher
    • Sense Stock Launcher
    • Android Stock Launcher (Whatever ships with stock Android carrier based ROMs)

I've been bouncing around between a few over the month and have finally stuck with Go Launcher EX - it's pretty decent for what I require and does not lag at all.

I like the running and history tabs in the drawer for quick access to things.

Launcher Pro here and still loving it. I have tried He Launcher, Go Launcher, etc, but none compare to Launcher Pro.

I was using Launcher Pro (free version) for ages but was running out of space on my phone, so gone back to HTC Sense. That is the single biggest problem with my phone (HTC Desire), dunno what made HTC think 512Mb for apps was enough (considering only about ~120Mb of that is actually usable) :/

I was using Launcher Pro (free version) for ages but was running out of space on my phone, so gone back to HTC Sense. That is the single biggest problem with my phone (HTC Desire), dunno what made HTC think 512Mb for apps was enough (considering only about ~120Mb of that is actually usable) :/

What are you talking about?

You realize that Android is very efficient in managing RAM, right? Was your phone running slow and going back to sense fixed it? Or were you looking at memory management programs?

What are you talking about?

You realize that Android is very efficient in managing RAM, right? Was your phone running slow and going back to sense fixed it? Or were you looking at memory management programs?

I'm not talking about RAM, I'm talking about internal memory for apps. The HTC Desire only has 512Mb of internal storage (which is about ~120Mb real world storage, on my phone at least) and even with the Apps to SD feature, it's not much room to work with. I have very few apps and move as many apps to the SD card as I can (that support that feature) and even so, often running out of room and having to uninstall apps. I feel this is big Achilles heel for the Desire and I know other Desire owners are suffering from the same problem. I'm not saying it's a bad phone (because it's not! it's a fantastic phone all in all) just feel the decision to include only 512Mb for internal storage was a bad decision.

• 3 weeks later...

oddly enough i like the stock blur launcher in gingerbread for the droidx. the app groups are great, i like being able to hide the unused apps so quickly.

I'm not talking about RAM, I'm talking about internal memory for apps. The HTC Desire only has 512Mb of internal storage (which is about ~120Mb real world storage, on my phone at least) and even with the Apps to SD feature, it's not much room to work with. I have very few apps and move as many apps to the SD card as I can (that support that feature) and even so, often running out of room and having to uninstall apps. I feel this is big Achilles heel for the Desire and I know other Desire owners are suffering from the same problem. I'm not saying it's a bad phone (because it's not! it's a fantastic phone all in all) just feel the decision to include only 512Mb for internal storage was a bad decision.

If you happen to be using custom ROMs, try StarBurst. It's pure HTC Sense with optional ability to move whole DATA partition to SD, make it up to 2 GB. It's working perfectly for me for months already.

• 1 month later...

Have liked both ADWLauncher and Go Launcher EX (came as default on the different ROMs I've been trying).

I also tried Zeam Launcher as they claim it has a small footprint and most crap excluded from it for performance, but it was always a bit choppy scrolling from screen to screen for some reason for me, whereas it doesn't on either ADW or Go.

Not tried Launcher Pro.

I tried LauncherPro for 3 months, then bought it. It's amazing, simple to use, and the widgets integrate as easily and perfectly as the stock HTC ones.

I fracking love GO Launcher and have been using it for awhile, the issue is it's over 4MB in size. I wish it was much much less.

• 2 weeks later...

Since i switched to CM7 I have been using ADW launcher and it is actually rather nice.

LauncherPro on HTC Desire was great! Much faster than the preinstalled Sense UI. Although I've found that the vanilla stock launcher feels better on the Nexus S.

LauncherPro is for people who haven't tried Zeam yet :p It's by far the best.

Tried it for a few weeks a few months ago. Switched back. While Zeam is very very fast, it lacked features.

• 2 weeks later...

I see Launcher Pro is winning in the poll by a large margin, what sets this launcher from the other ones? Obviously can't be speed as Go/ADW Launcher is pretty fluid swiping from screen to screen from what I've seen, so must be something else?

• 5 weeks later...

After a long, long search among various launchers I've finally found one thing that displays apps in a simple list view.

Plus, you can change app icon & title for some UI unification pleasure and hide non-essential apps from the list.

AltDrawer:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1154299

It's not a launcher per se but I won't touch the built-in app-drawer of any launcher ever again.