Mac App Store Live! Via 10.6.6 Update

Sign out and reboot hasn't worked for me. huh.gif

I was having hell of a trouble at first... but once rebooted I picked the app (twitter) and it asked to log in, accept T&C and was good. Not sure it helps but this is what I did

Original install opened app store

viewed account settings (just for the hell of it because it wasn't working kept getting the 100 error)

asked for login

rebooted

opened app store

selected twitter

asked for login

accepted t&c

installed

Good luck...

Finally the app store has stopped crashing for me - not the best launch for Apple to be honest.

Just noticed you can't even download free Apps without entering payment information. A bit stupid really. I will just download elsewhere!

Yea, the damn T&C is what's stopping people up. The Mac App Store itself doesn't seem to report the new terms very consistently.

Just noticed you can't even download free Apps without entering payment information. A bit stupid really. I will just download elsewhere!

As is the case with the iTunes Store in general...? Really, where have you been?

As is the case with the iTunes Store in general...? Really, where have you been?

I have downloaded free things from the iTunes store in the past without entering payment information.:/

Maybe some kind of switch Apple can set for certain freebies in the store.

I have downloaded free things from the iTunes store in the past without entering payment information.:/

Ah, weird. I thought for sure that for at least the past few years, they've required payment info on accounts.

downloading and installing apps working over here ok, really slick.

Im really impressed with the prices, a lot of games at throw away prices. Also the big apps are incredibly cheap. Can't believe the price of Aperture, cost me ?170.

Maybe some kind of switch Apple can set for certain freebies in the store.

Is it not like iTunes where there is a "no card info" box or whatever to tick on the payment screen so you can just download the free apps?

Keeps crashing on me. :(

EDIT: Purchasing made by just clicking the button on the home screen crash the App Store for me while making purchases on the subsequent App's individual page works fine. Yay.

Is it not like iTunes where there is a "no card info" box or whatever to tick on the payment screen so you can just download the free apps?

unfortunately not!

11avpqs.png

Only one of those I could choose and for that account my card has expired anyway, darn bank was supposed to mail new ones to everyone! If only Apple allowed Paypal.

it's no big deal really because most of the free stuff can be downloaded elsewhere.

unfortunately not!

11avpqs.png

Only one of those I could choose and for that account my card has expired anyway, darn bank was supposed to mail new ones to everyone! If only Apple allowed Paypal.

it's no big deal really because most of the free stuff can be downloaded elsewhere.

Apple doesn't want to give money to Paypal to do something they already do.... If you want an account without a CC just buy a cheap iTunes gift card from a local store

Is it normal that the store when closed from x button it totally quits?

Yes. It's not a document-based Mac application. They all do this.

Pixelmator for $29... I really want to buy it, but I’m broke and am jobless until May... that sucks.

Well. The MAS doesn't work at all on my MBP. However, it installed and works fine on my iMac. One thing I have noticed is that apps don't seem to have any sort of DRM like on iOS. I downloaded apps on iMac and transferred them to my MBP over WiFi and they still work fine. Even under a different user account and iTunes account. Hmm. shiftyninja.gif

Well. The MAS doesn't work at all on my MBP. However, it installed and works fine on my iMac. One thing I have noticed is that apps don't seem to have any sort of DRM like on iOS. I downloaded apps on iMac and transferred them to my MBP over WiFi and they still work fine. Even under a different user account and iTunes account. Hmm. shiftyninja.gif

Your allowed too.

They got your initial money. Whatever you do after that is on you. ;)

Kinda nice not being treated guilty until proven innocent, eh?

---

Anyone tried 'The Incident' yet?

The system provides the authorized/unauthorized status to the app, but it's up the app to incorporate the "quit-on-launch-if-unauthorized" behavior. Seems like a lot of apps aren't implementing it (which is nice).

iPhoto does the same thing iirc, personally I dislike it that way, but I guess maybe there is a reason for it.

That's the way Lion will work. Get used to it.

Anyone tried 'The Incident' yet?

If it's as awesome on Mac as it is iOS, then I'm buying.

That's the way Lion will work. Get used to it.

Personally I like it like that better :/ When I switched to OSX I started just using cmd-q but I might start using the x once again in Lion ;)

When i first ran it, it picked up that I had iPhoto installed, but not Garageband or iMovie. Only after I applied the updates for those did they show up as being installed. Also it can't find apps if they're not in the root of the Applications folder. I had Bowtie in a "Multimedia" subfolder and when I installed it off the App Store (as it was free) it placed a new copy in Applications.

For those asking about opening "free" accounts, if you already have an iTunes account you can log in with that. Or create one in iTunes using the "free app" trick and use that on the App Store.