Midnight, Pro & Green are back

If you look up next to the Forum Search, you'll see an option to change the colors of Neowin. The most popular colors are back (see title of this thread) and more will be added in the coming days.

Thanks Timan & Gigapixels! (Y)

Enjoy!

If you look up next to the Forum Search, you'll see an option to change the colors of Neowin. The most popular colors are back (see title of this thread) and more will be added in the coming days.

Thanks Timan & Gigapixels! (Y)

Enjoy!

He's been working?! :woot: :rofl:

Add my thanks as-well.

Glad to have Midnight back, I was keeping my time here to a minimum due to the bright blue. But not any more :D

(Actually I browsed twice without even noticing I was back on Midnight for a while there - silly me)

Yay for Midnight. Now I can have the forums streamlined with the front page and mobile site. (Y)

PINK, please!!!!

C'mon, Neobond! Do it!

Glassed Silver:lin

But it looks so perdy :blush:

It's definitely better than all the others.....

You have the default Blue theme, then darker blue (Midnight), then Black (not bad, but too many light colors), then Green. Darkside is the only dark theme there was, and while I can live without it, I much prefer having a dark theme to a light theme. Even the black theme is 90% light colors with 10% dark colors. When browsing late at night or early morning, the light the colors, the more strain on the eyes. The only other forum I regularly visit has a dark theme as well, while I do not visit it as much as I do Neowin, it is very nice to have a dark theme for late night browsing. Chances are I'll end up browsing Neowin less if there is no dark theme to reduce eye strain at night......

When browsing late at night or early morning, the light the colors, the more strain on the eyes.

You should be in bed! :p Or turn the brightness down on your monitor.

I find that I enjoy browsing darker sites better for some reasons... I didn't use to care when I was younger though :blink:

Why should I be in bed? I stay up till roughly 11 PM at night, and wake up around 7 AM. Early in the morning bright stuff hurts my eyes, late at night it's more pleasant to browse darker sites. My monitor's brightness is not the problem (it's honestly probably lower than it should be), its the whites and other light colors shining when my room is dark thats the problem. I also use a simple black wallpaper on my monitors to keep brightness down when I am playing a game or something (I have dual monitors, so even when playing a game I still see my desktop).

Going from the black desktop background to the light grey or white of the majority color on Neowin forums (on every theme BUT darkside) rather hurts and often forces me to squint at least slightly until my eyes adjust.

It also doesn't help that a majority of other websites I browse are dark, or at least darker than Neowin....so going from one of them to Neowin is a pretty sharp change in contrast.