Floorstanding vs Mounted

OrangeFTW

So I'm about to revamp my entertainment by getting my first Home Theater system. Problem is....screwing holes isn't really "allowed" in my house (rental).

So I've been looking into two choices for speakers: Fluance SXHTB+ 5 speaker system or Onkyo's HT-S3300.

I'd still have to get a receiver (probably Onkyo or similar) for the Fluance set, but from what I've read, their speakers are AMAZING, especially at that price. And I am a huge fan of wooden speakers for the superb quality they put out.

And Onkyo has an excellent reputation in my books as well. My biggest problem though is deciding whether I really want to screw several holes in the ceiling that I'll just have to seal up later.

I know either way I will have to screw a few holes, seeing as there isn't shelving or anything on the rear side of the room.

Anyways, I'll have a 32" LG TV (I don't need more atm), Xbox 360, PS3, Roku, and my computer for video/movie watching. All hooked in via HDMI

Any opinions on the matter?

• 1 month later...
uniacidz

So I'm about to revamp my entertainment by getting my first Home Theater system. Problem is....screwing holes isn't really "allowed" in my house (rental).

So I've been looking into two choices for speakers: Fluance SXHTB+ 5 speaker system or Onkyo's HT-S3300.

I'd still have to get a receiver (probably Onkyo or similar) for the Fluance set, but from what I've read, their speakers are AMAZING, especially at that price. And I am a huge fan of wooden speakers for the superb quality they put out.

And Onkyo has an excellent reputation in my books as well. My biggest problem though is deciding whether I really want to screw several holes in the ceiling that I'll just have to seal up later.

I know either way I will have to screw a few holes, seeing as there isn't shelving or anything on the rear side of the room.

Anyways, I'll have a 32" LG TV (I don't need more atm), Xbox 360, PS3, Roku, and my computer for video/movie watching. All hooked in via HDMI

Any opinions on the matter?

I have a yamaha amp and audiosound floor standing speakers.

Yes bigger then the small satellites these days but as you said, sound is overall so far much better.

Im renting as well, and if you get a inspection like we do in Australia every 6 months or so, you cant have anything screwed into the walls.

Sir Topham Hatt

Have you asked the Landlord?

I don't know if I am allowed to screw into the walls in my rental place, but I have anway!

They may agree so long as you do it properly (IE, use/leave wall plugs) or fill them in and re-paint where appropriate when you move out.