[Windows 7] Folder "Picture" Problem

The folder picture on my downloads folder is driving me insane.

I want show the default icon instead of a picture.

I already tried properties -> customize -> restore default picture, doesn't work.

Also, I emptied the downloads folder, the picture just won't revert back to normal...

previewuq.png

I know I can just make a new downloads folder, but I want to know why this happens. :/

Try purging your icon Cache. I'm in the process of doing this right now myself.

First you'll have to Open Windows Explorer, and configure your Folder Options > Views to show Hidden / System Files

Next navigate to "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local" where "owner" is your account name, and delete the 'IconCache.db' file, and then reboot.

looks like like a albumart which is generated by media players (namely wmp). Once you've showed hidden files/system files, look in the folder and delete any albumart/thumbs.db.

looks like like a albumart which is generated by media players (namely wmp). Once you've showed hidden files/system files, look in the folder and delete any albumart/thumbs.db.

None found :/

Found them. Rebooting. Let's see if this will do the trick.

Aight, I think I've got this figured out.

I moved *every* file out of the folder, purged all thumbnail files and the icon cache, and then rebooted. Seems to be working fine now... *crosses fingers*

Aight, I think I've got this figured out.

I moved *every* file out of the folder, purged all thumbnail files and the icon cache, and then rebooted. Seems to be working fine now... *crosses fingers*

So is it still working? I tried that and it didn't seem to do anything. :(

I tried purging the icon cache while the folder was empty and it didn't work... :/

There isn't any hidden thumbnail files in the folder.

So is it still working? I tried that and it didn't seem to do anything. :(

I tried purging the icon cache while the folder was empty and it didn't work... :/

There isn't any hidden thumbnail files in the folder.

Open up cmd.exe from your Start Menu.

Type the following (hit enter after every line):

cd Downloads

del /a Folder.jpg

del /a AlbumArt*.jpg

del /a Thumbs.db

notepad desktop.ini

Notepad will open up. Replace the contents of that file (if notepad doesn't prompt you to create a new one) with:

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21798

IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-184

Save and close.

Clear your thumbnail cache and icon cache (use CCleaner or Diskmax if you don't know how). Restart your computer (or just explorer.exe if you know how to).