Nintendo 3DS region-locked

Nintendo can't complain about DS hacking and piracy and simultaneously region lock the device. It'll come back and bite them in the arse.

My words exactly...

The more you shut the doors and windows, the more the hackers get tasked...

Glassed Silver:mac

Nintendo's reasoning, as usual it's because of the kiddies ermm.gif

"Nintendo 3DS hardware is available in three versions: Japanese, American and European/Australian. Nintendo has developed different versions of Nintendo 3DS hardware to take into account different languages, age rating requirements and parental control functionality, as well as to ensure compliance with local laws in each region," a Nintendo statement explained.

"Nintendo 3DS also offers network services specifically tailored for each region.

"Additionally we want to ensure the best possible gaming experience for our users, and There is the possibility that Nintendo 3DS software sold in one region will not function properly when running on Nintendo 3DS hardware sold in another."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-18-nintendo-why-the-3ds-is-region-locked

Nintendo's reasoning, as usual it's because of the kiddies ermm.gif

http://www.eurogamer...s-region-locked

Aaaaah.... so the "think about the kids" card has been played... Geeez...

Even if so...

What's more likely? A kid to order an inappropriate game online (rated 18) in its own country or:

To... bypass... the... NON EXISTING age control that is on online shops... ordering it in another region from an online store, pay the shipping and maybe even tax, if the game is new and therefore above the free limit... It also takes longer...

Hmmm... Nintendo, Nintendo... seriously...

Also: I wonder what that parental control is they are talking about...

two options: a) Parents care about their kids' games -> set parental controls on DS + watch over game library (if I'd see another region's rating, then what's the problem? Just Google and you know what that title has got in your region... And don't come talking about "different content"... Two lines below you'll be able to read the differences between the regions...)

b) Parents don't care... either way... local or import game... No difference

Networking bound to regions?

Well, if I wouldn't get the game otherwise than by importing it, I still get at least the game, I don't really care about a small disadvantage... Better most of it than nothing!

"Additionally we want to ensure the best possible gaming experience for our users, and There is the possibility that Nintendo 3DS software sold in one region will not function properly when running on Nintendo 3DS hardware sold in another."

It's YOUR system... Get the job done right in the first place and you don't need such ridiculous claims...

What's the big deal? AV out to TVs is PAL vs. NTSC? Awww... tooo bad... Still better than nothing... or... what is it, that's so majorly different?

Good your designing and creating has put lots of efforts to make systems in each region its own little closed circle! (Y) (Which they are not I bet (Expense of production), but you claim...)

Gooood grief...

I've rarely seen so much BS bloat in one quote! :D

Glassed Silver:mac