WP7 on the HD2 video

Seems like DFT are getting quite far along, with recent reports saying they've even managed to get live integration and the marketplace working. Basically it involves modifying the registry to make the phone think its a HD7 and then phoning up Microsoft to get the activation key.

Also something else that's interesting is the difference between the screens. As some of you may know there's rumors that the HD7 screen is better than the HD2s (and others say the opposite), and it sure looks that way in that video (colors look a lot more vibrant). Though it could very well be down to the HD2's WP7 being a hack, different brightness settings, different color accents (I don't know Italian lol but I believe he selected "lime" which is whats on the HD7), or simply just a bad viewing angle.

This is going to get bombed with the No Donuts update though. Also a word of caution - I'm not sure if this is suitable for Neowin because it is piracy; there is no legal way to have WP7 on an HD2 - it's not licensed for those devices and you can't exactly purchase a copy of WP7, so this is software piracy.

Interesting point about mobile web dev phone though Timan :)

This is going to get bombed with the No Donuts update though. Also a word of caution - I'm not sure if this is suitable for Neowin because it is piracy; there is no legal way to have WP7 on an HD2 - it's not licensed for those devices and you can't exactly purchase a copy of WP7, so this is software piracy.

Interesting point about mobile web dev phone though Timan :)

Agreed.

Also, if you look at the video the HD2s Screen looks worse than the HD7s colour wise (Mentioned in OP, sorry), not only that the HD2 screen doesn't seem as responsive. They both seem to be on the same brightness with the Lime colour accent.

Despite the legality of WP7 on the HD2, this is a pretty good comparison of it running on the both devices.