WZor - Windows 7/2008 R2 Service Pack 1 - LINKS LEAKED!

Probably not for a while yet. I just slipstreamed my own using RT7Lite (would recommend using version 2.0+) and did a test install with the ISO in VMWare, and it seemed fine.

That's what i used also and installed it on my laptop. All is working as to be expected. I guess we'll see how it goes over the next few days however.

Oh no, Microsoft has been freely allowing people to download the beta and RC releases of SP1 on their own site. Arrest them! http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=c3202ce6-4056-4059-8a1b-3a9b77cdfdda&displaylang=en

I can't believe the nonsense a certain person has been spreading. No you are not violating copyright laws by downloading this.

Getting back on topic installed on a test machine and everything went smooth as silk. :)

I can't believe the nonsense a certain person has been spreading. No you are not violating copyright laws by downloading this.

I can't believe how much stupid can be crammed into one thread.

YES you are violating copyright - the word COPY RIGHT means literally the RIGHT to COPY (including redistribute) software, and that right only belongs to the person who owns the copyright on said software. They alone can permit others to distribute this software. Microsoft has not explicitly permitted anyone to leak (illegally redistribute) this service pack, so it is illegal - unless you got it directly from Technet/MSDN or some other official channel. End of story.

However in practice MS is unlikely to pursue this leak in any serious way because it is free software, and thus causes them little financial loss or loss in reputation.

Quite frankly, anyone who is dumb enough to install a leaked service pack has more to worry about than breaches of copyright anyway.

YES you are violating copyright - the word COPY RIGHT means literally the RIGHT to COPY (including redistribute) software, and that right only belongs to the person who owns the copyright on said software. They alone can permit others to distribute this software. Microsoft has not explicitly permitted anyone to leak (illegally redistribute) this service pack, so it is illegal - unless you got it directly from Technet/MSDN or some other official channel. End of story.

However in practice MS is unlikely to pursue this leak in any serious way because it is free software, and thus causes them little financial loss or loss in reputation.

You do realize that this is basically the same build as the RC they are allowing everyone to download, and that they've allowed everyone to download every beta and RC so why would they not allow the final? Sorry but your argument is just idiotic and no we aren't violating copyright by downloading this. It's a free patch (a collection of mostly already released patches in fact) and Microsoft allows it. Just go away and shut up, wow.

Quite frankly, anyone who is dumb enough to install a leaked service pack has more to worry about than breaches of copyright anyway.

It's digitally signed by Microsoft. What was it you were saying about how much stupid can be crammed into a thread?

@hdhood: I would recommend you to click the back button on your browser and do something else that is more productive. If you don't like this thread, don't read it, don't think it is legal to do so, don't download and continue being a sucked-up like you always do.

@all: Arguing with this retard doesn't make us smarter. This guy just drag us down to his (low) level and beat us with experience so why bother ? Let's ignore him and start discussing what improvements you have noticed instead. Also, what does it break so that other users can decide to install or wait ? That would be a lot more constructive.

For me, it fixed the shutdown bug I have always had with my comp (when I shutdown the laptop, the battery light was still on and I have to hard shutdown it) so I am pretty happy now. I also noticed a couple of performance boosts here and there :).

Again...

These have been VERIFIED to be the final builds. There is no risk involved. They are signed off with digital signatures, so you would know they had been tampered with.

So many people have said.

I'd rather just wait for MS to do it the official way. What's a few days/weeks if needed?

Its is an official build from MS

hdood,

Just can it. If you don't like the "legalities" of it, don't install it.

But like one of the previous posters says, it will be available for free anyways in probably less than a month.

Stop trying to argue your point and just go about your own beliefs instead of trying to argue it with others

who have already made up their mind, me included.

It isn't working anyways, plus it's turning this thread into your personal argument.

Make a blog post if you don't like it....

Outside of that, installed and working fine. Feels a tad faster, too! :)

Installed it but no improvements in performance :unsure:

it's not specifically meant to bring performance improvements. Just all round fixes and a few features, that's it.

it's not specifically meant to bring performance improvements. Just all round fixes and a few features, that's it.

Since installing SP1, i have noticed a slight performance inprovement across the whole operating system, Apps loading quicker, the os starting faster than before, this could be due to some critical files being updated

Since installing SP1, i have noticed a slight performance inprovement across the whole operating system, Apps loading quicker, the os starting faster than before, this could be due to some critical files being updated

clean install?

What abou Bluetooth stack? SP1 should have some improvements in this area..

I haven't tested this yet, but i'm not fully aware that bluetooth stack is one of the fixes in SP1

Or the placebo effect :p

Or the placebo effect :p

He could run some benchmarks and see, it's not like Win7 is slow either way though.

I installed 64-bit Enterprise Trial. Applied SP1 b4 updates and b4 activating.

Screensaver won't work, printers function produced errors. I googled and red that sfc /scannow will help.

After using sfc /scannow I saw warning about pirated version (I use 90-day trial, no illegal stuff here, activation crashed), activation not worked, even calculator not worked. Widnows update - ERROR.

I tried slmgr /rearm - info about pirated copy is gone, but system is still malfunctioning in other areas described above.

System is ready for reinstalling.

Disregard this, there is hardware - MOBO/SATA Controller/AHCI (AHCI BIOS) problem, not caused by SP1 !

Well, i went to the RUSSIAN technet site and it states that WINDOWS 7 SP1 has not been released to partners nor oems, so....does this mean this build isn't final?

Unless you have a serious issue with Windows 7 / 2008 R2 you know for a fact will be fixed with SP1 I don't really understand why people are this exited to install it. It's the same with people who just can't wait for the next Mac OS X 1.x.x update to be released. I guess the inner nerd in me is dying a bit. :p