New feature: front page comment notifications

We have just added a new feature to the front page: comment notifications. If you post a comment, or reply to one, you will now receive an "inline notification" next to your username:

1_notifications.png

If you click this number (it will show more than 0 if you have new notifications), you can view all your notifications.

If you would like to turn this feature off, go to your User Control Panel (by hovering over your username next to the notifications and clicking "My Settings"), click "Notification Options" on the left of the page that appears, and unckeck the box under "Inline Notifications" for "Notify me of replies to comments I make on the front page."

I was/am receiving these despite having the boxes unchecked.

There's some quirkiness with IPB when a new notification is added, so you might need to do the following steps:

1. Go to your notification options
  2. Enable notifications for front page comment replies
  3. Once that is saved, now you can disable them and it should stick

This happens if you have already changed your notification options, before we added this notification.

Sweet, i was actually wondering about this. Good way to engage users. Sometimes i make out of my butt remarks or just ask general questions in the post but then forget to go back and check for the answers i was seeking! This would work great!

• 2 weeks later...

When clicking "has replied to a comment you made." it does not take you to the replied comment, just the news article. Also if someone replies to the same nest as you, but doesn't actually reply to you, you still get a notification as if they did.