Seven - Firefox 4 theme

Hmmm...Have you tried making the toolbar transparent?

Tabs on bottom features a transparent toolbar. For tabs on top I like to stick with something solid, helps blend the tabs into the toolbar.

Overall

Great, and I think the changes to the rich list style goes a long way towards giving Firefox a more complete and polished look.

Specifically.

The tabs are difficult for me to read in front of a dark background.

I'm not yet used to the very faint hover effects that the buttons have.

I like the orange Firefox button better than the blue, though I can see why blue would fit in better with this lighter appearance.

I don't really like how the blue URL turns black when hovering over items in the auto complete list

I don't really agree with changing the favicon to say page info all the time.

I rather prefer the stop/reload/go buttons having their more obvious green, red and blue colors.

Overall

Great, and I think the changes to the rich list style goes a long way towards giving Firefox a more complete and polished look.

Specifically.

The tabs are difficult for me to read in front of a dark background.

I'm not yet used to the very faint hover effects that the buttons have.

I like the orange button better than the blue, though I can see why blue would fit in better with this lighter appearance.

Nitpicking

I don't really like how the blue URL turns black when hovering over items in the auto complete list

I don't really agree with changing the favicon to say page info all the time.

You're right about the tabs on darker backgrounds, It's hard for me to create something that looks good on light and dark backgrounds while keeping this style.

The 'Page Info' bit was an experiment, I'm not sure if I'll keep it or change it back. At first I really thought it looked good, but now it does seem a bit out of place.

Thanks for the feedback.

You're right about the tabs on darker backgrounds, It's hard for me to create something that looks good on light and dark backgrounds while keeping this style.

The 'Page Info' bit was an experiment, I'm not sure if I'll keep it or change it back. At first I really thought it looked good, but now it does seem a bit out of place.

Thanks for the feedback.

You're welcome. Translucent designs are such a pain, lol. I also did a little rapid fire editing and added a few things to my post before you replied. I had a few of those comments thought out a while ago though since I was using your Windows 7 style with Stylish. :p .

Nice work. I noticed that in the screenshot included, the FF button has the text in it, but when I installed the theme, the button had the white FF logo in it. Finally, just a minor detail, would it be able to center the firefox button a little more? Right now it looks like its a bit too far to the left. That's just me though. Other than that, it's a really nice theme.

Nice work. I noticed that in the screenshot included, the FF button has the text in it, but when I installed the theme, the button had the white FF logo in it. Finally, just a minor detail, would it be able to center the firefox button a little more? Right now it looks like its a bit too far to the left. That's just me though. Other than that, it's a really nice theme.

It switches to the compact size when the window is maximized.

I like it! I've been trying out Opera recently, and this theme is really quite a nice change to the themes available for Opera! The navigation buttons and the animations for them are very aesthetically pleasing to me. All in all, this is probably one of the nicest themes I've found for Firefox 4!

I think it looks great, it's not really trying to look too fancy, which is useful for the general population. :p

really nice imo, going to use it as my main firefox theme as it goes really nicely with 7's vs shine 2.0.

edit:

just noticed this is a theme not the stylish I am using so i tryed this and didn't like how it changed my no script button (looked really out of play) will you be updating both this and the stylish or just the theme?

Edited by DesGaiZu

Absolutely love it. :woot: This theme is leaps and bounds better than the default Firefox 4 theme which still looks very unrefined even when compared to Strata40 which has been available for a long time.

Not great on a dark background, at least not when used with "Firefox Beta9pre+ Normal Window Tabs In Titlebar" (Stylish)

0d2faea2ba12cf905bb07af39509c63d.png

c65d719cfce7e416f06146895b5d79d3.png

a589390f791fd0c99d4e865f08a49c6a.png

Guess we can't have it all :laugh:

Would it be possible to center the firefox button a little more? Right now it looks like its a bit too far to the left. Or is there a stylish code that can provide a temporary fix?

Would it be possible to center the firefox button a little more? Right now it looks like its a bit too far to the left. Or is there a stylish code that can provide a temporary fix?

#appmenu-button {margin-left: *px !important;}

*amount in pixels that it has to be moved to left.

• 2 weeks later...