Could I hook these up together?

They could, but not how they were designed. Front, Rear, and Sub is for input signals to go to those speakers. What you are doing though, is basically hooking each speaker up to each input, thus making them all give the same amount of sound. I really... those jacks are for wires to go to speakers, not wires into another device. What are you trying to accomplish exactly?

Well the speakers were a gift for Christmas. Just wanted to know if I could get 5.1 on my mkv player. I take it their is no way to use the optical cable on the back of the mkv player to a amp/dvd player and do it that way?

Well the speakers were a gift for Christmas. Just wanted to know if I could get 5.1 on my mkv player. I take it their is no way to use the optical cable on the back of the mkv player to a amp/dvd player and do it that way?

Well, from the picture you have provided, not with that setup... but from what I can see, the first picture is your amp/sub speaker setup.... and those ports should be for the speakers themselves, not the connection. The speakers for that should plug into those ports, and there should then be a port for either in/out audio, that will then take the signal from whatever and send it to the speakers. Please show a picture of the amp/sub that everything plugs into.

There should be another port/s on that, that will say either Audio In or something along those lines. But the ports displayed above are for the speakers themselves to plug into, not a device to send audio.

Well, from the picture you have provided, not with that setup... but from what I can see, the first picture is your amp/sub speaker setup.... and those ports should be for the speakers themselves, not the connection. The speakers for that should plug into those ports, and there should then be a port for either in/out audio, that will then take the signal from whatever and send it to the speakers. Please show a picture of the amp/sub that everything plugs into.

There should be another port/s on that, that will say either Audio In or something along those lines. But the ports displayed above are for the speakers themselves to plug into, not a device to send audio.

Actually the lower set are the speaker inputs to the subwoofer...

The top set are the link to the soundcard...

But yeah you arent really going to get very far with trying to do what you want..

Actually, after doing some research, those are just labeled all oddly.... Front Rear and Sub are actually where your audio signal will go into it, and the other ports are all for the speakers..... as for there being 3 ports, you find a cable that will bring those 3 into 1 that can plug into something. Or try another type of plug/adapter that can plug into those 3 ports and into whatever else you want. It wont work that well or offer true surround sound though. It also can not do digital.

Actually the lower set are the speaker inputs to the subwoofer...

The top set are the link to the soundcard...

But yeah you arent really going to get very far with trying to do what you want..

yup, looked it up and they just labeled everything oddly. More for a computer and not really for anything else.