RTE disabled on the forums

We have detected a very serious bug with IPB's Rich Text Editor and so we have disabled it.

It seems that, at random a new topic does not get through and returns the error "You must submit a post" despite all fields and Post Preview working properly.

It will remain disabled until we can identify the error.

Odd......I wonder if it has anything to do with topics somewhat mysteriously being bumped (I have seen topics in the mini-spy that are days old since the last post but are above topics that have new posts in them....but that may be something else entirely).

I had it disabled anyway, but I'll remember that.

I guess this is IPB specific and not because of the hundreds of mods that Neowin installed.

Maybe ipb (if its in their code) could put $1,337 in Neowins bear fund. lol

They have a BEAR fund? What they saving for a grizzly?

They have a BEAR fund? What they saving for a grizzly?

It's going to be fed on all those who are banned.

We have detected a very serious bug with IPB's Rich Text Editor and so we have disabled it.

It seems that, at random a new topic does not get through and returns the error "You must submit a post" despite all fields and Post Preview working properly.

It will remain disabled until we can identify the error.

I thought it was Google Chrome that was causing that! It was really starting to annoy me as well :p

While I haven't had this happen to me on Neowin, I have had it happen to me on other Invision Powered Board forums I frequent. I'm curious as to what is causing it as well, because it is a frustrating bug to encounter when writing up a large post or thread. I don't think it is browser or OS-specific, so I'm curious as to what is flawed in IP.Board itself.

I really wished the RTE would let you toggle the view like the old forum did... I know, I've complained about this before...

• 4 weeks later...

I just tried to post a reply here: https://www.neowin.net/news/vmware-viewer-broken-by-windows-7-security-patch

I pressed the reply button next to 'warwagon's name, type in my comment, then tried to submit it, but it said something like I can't submit a blank post.

So I copied and pasted all the text to the reply box at the bottom of the page, which then let me post !

Is this the same issue ?