• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Upgrading from Canon XSI to Nikon D7000

maash    19

Does anyone here have a Nikon D7000. how do you like it?

Argote    73

Ummm, Crazy 88's reply was not innapropriate in any way, your original question is very broad and ambiguous and what he asked would help answer it in a way that is more useful to you, so I think you owe him an apology...

Yes, a D7000 is superior to an XSi, both in performance and build. However jumping systems is usually an expensive endeavor if you have more than just the kit lens. What is your current gear list?

ironsight2000    8

if you already have canon lenses stay with canon

crazzy88ss    66

are you always a creep in your replies? In all my threads here in Digital Photography it is the same immature tone. Man up or don't reply

.... you need to give more info if you want people to help.

:whistle:

cacoe    568

To me at least, asking "how do you like it?" works as, "what things about it do you like?"

Anyway, back to the point?

I mean, everyone who has one, surely has something they especially like about it.

Barney T.    2,423

Thread cleaned.

Please post maturely and respectfully!

remus_lupin    10

I do not have a Nikon D7000, but I have read a few things here and there, seen some sample pics, and regardless you are going to see a huge improvement over your XSi in just about every category.

As people have mentioned, it can be expensive to change camera manufacturers, however, if you HAVE purchased lenses for your canon other than your kit lens, I am sure you already know this. As I do not have a D7000 I can't accurately go into specifics on its performance, but again through what I have read, it is a FANTASTIC camera.

Even if you already have a canon with plenty of lenses, but are financially secure, it would be a dream to have both a canon and nikon, although if you had that much money I'd purchase something higher end than a D7000... A good example of this: moonman ;)

maash    19

Thanks. I was going to go for the Nikon D7000 because after all the reviews being shown, for an amateur photographer it is as good as a professional getting a D300S or a 60D canon. Its price is much lower than an equivalent Canon or Nikon alternative (900-1200$)

Selling my XSi would also mean I would be selling my 18-55mm IS, my 50mm 1.8 and 55-250mm IS. To me these were the basic must have lenses, one standard, one portrait and one zoom.

What are the alternatives on the Nikon side (should be the nearly the same focal length and around the same price range)

Argote    73

Selling my XSi would also mean I would be selling my 18-55mm IS, my 50mm 1.8 and 55-250mm IS. To me these were the basic must have lenses, one standard, one portrait and one zoom.

What are the alternatives on the Nikon side (should be the nearly the same focal length and around the same price range)

Well, the Nikon D700 comes with a 16-105 lens as its kit lens IIRC, the 50/1.8 is replaceable by Nikon's own 50/1.8, and Nikon should have something comparable to the 55-250, though if you're buying a D7000 level body, it'd make sense to pair it up with higher-end glass.

remus_lupin    10

Well, the Nikon D700 comes with a 16-105 lens as its kit lens IIRC, the 50/1.8 is replaceable by Nikon's own 50/1.8, and Nikon should have something comparable to the 55-250, though if you're buying a D7000 level body, it'd make sense to pair it up with higher-end glass.

*** D7000 (just made a mistake the first time you wrote it) and 18-105 lens kit lens... Unless Nikon released it RECENTLY RECENT lol!... things comparable to the 55-250 would be 70-300.

I agree with Argote, if you can afford it, higher-end glass ftw