WP Feedback Feature only uses a few kilobytes of data.

George P

My link

Looks like it sends between 1 and 6kb of data and at pretty random times. So far it doesn't seem to be the cause of the data "leak" and seems to be a good option to have on to help MS make WP7 better.

KyleGM

Hmm has facebook been ruled out yet? I remember it was a popular suggestion back when this was reported but haven't heard anything. I know with my phone if it's sitting beside my speakers I hear it connecting to the internet quite a lot through the speakers (feedback is disabled) so I'd be interested to know just exactly what it is. Although it doesn't bother me as I have unlimited internet.

Also does anyone know of a way to stop the phone connecting to the internet? Say if I were to listen to music it connects to the internet (I'm guessing to get the background pictures) and I can hear it through the headphones which gets kind of annoying.

George P

Hmm has facebook been ruled out yet? I remember it was a popular suggestion back when this was reported but haven't heard anything. I know with my phone if it's sitting beside my speakers I hear it connecting to the internet quite a lot through the speakers (feedback is disabled) so I'd be interested to know just exactly what it is. Although it doesn't bother me as I have unlimited internet.

Also does anyone know of a way to stop the phone connecting to the internet? Say if I were to listen to music it connects to the internet (I'm guessing to get the background pictures) and I can hear it through the headphones which gets kind of annoying.

Ya, if you don't want it to connect online at all, wifi or 3G you should just turn on airplane mode. I'm pretty sure that turns off all the connections on the phone.

~Johnny

I'd rule out Facebook simply because it's not a a third party app - the Facebook app is made under Microsoft's commission and overview by a consultancy company, putting it in the realm of first/second party. The Facebook app also does not download any sort of data whilst it was not running. They stated it was third party app, and presumably it has to be one that uses push notifications, as people are getting the usage at random times. I'd hazard a guess and say it could be one of the weather apps, but to be fair, I haven't a clue, outside that it'd need to support push notifications or a live tile :p

Also, just turn off data connections under mobile network. That should stop your phone connecting to the net over 3G, whilst still letting calls/texts work as normal.

KyleGM

Also, just turn off data connections under mobile network. That should stop your phone connecting to the net over 3G, whilst still letting calls/texts work as normal.

Thanks! For some reason I didn't think about looking there :rofl: