NGP (PSP2?) Officially Announced

Right now a few big developers / publishers are not listed as partners with sony on this. EA being the biggest. I really hope they are just holding out on announcing something at GDC / E3 / TGS.

One of the reasons I want this is for Fifa :).

I seriously doubt it really.

Especially considering the 3DS is going to be over ?200 on launch.

True, I doubt it as well, but if they're both approximately the same then I'll go for this, LBP, Killzone, Uncharted is something I've always wanted to play.

True, I doubt it as well, but if they're both approximately the same then I'll go for this, LBP, Killzone, Uncharted is something I've always wanted to play.

Same here. I have a 360, and am perfectly happy with one console (I barely have enough time to play the games I have anyway). But it would be nice to be able to play some of the PS franchices I have missed.

I was toying with the idea of picking up a DSi later on this year, but am going to hold on for this now.

I wasn't excited until I saw that a new WipEout game is in development for it. That definitely piques my interest a little bit.

I'm thinking that for the next generation of systems, I would like to have one of the two portable gaming systems (in addition to my iPhone, of course), and based on what we've seen so far, I'm definitely leaning towards the PSP2 as opposed to the 3DS. Of course, the price will be the big determining factor, not to mention Nintendo's inevitable release of a new and improved 3DS a couple of years from now.

This thing is sweet. If the price is right I will be back in the portable handheld gaming market, decided against a 3Ds after some thought, just does not seem suited to my needs and I can see the novelty of the 3D wearing off fast, and/or causing me to get sick after awhile.

Just wish it was coming out for the holidays here in the states, so I could ask for it for Christmas!

This thing is sweet. If the price is right I will be back in the portable handheld gaming market, decided against a 3Ds after some thought, just does not seem suited to my needs and I can see the novelty of the 3D wearing off fast, and/or causing me to get sick after awhile.

Just wish it was coming out for the holidays here in the states, so I could ask for it for Christmas!

ok look at this picture

2010061711465304.jpg

ya can turn it off

ok look at this picture

2010061711465304.jpg

ya can turn it off

And when you do that, pretty much half the cost of the 3DS is wiped away.

And when you do that, pretty much half the cost of the 3DS is wiped away.

then dont buy it. 3DS will be neat, but the 3D is just a fad/gimmick/trend. people love trends.

ok look at this picture

2010061711465304.jpg

ya can turn it off

Reallys? I had no idea you can turn the 3D off! :rolleyes:

I thought I was pretty clear with my post, I thought about a 3DS, then decided against it. 3D or not, I no longer have an interest, especially now that this has been announced, as I see it being geared more towards my own personal preference.

There is only one game that would bring me to the 3DS, but that game became a DS game and is being released in 2 months. There are numerous games I haven't played in years on Sony consoles (Wipeout) which I want to get back into. This looks like my pick.

NGP - Next Generation Portable (PSP2?)

Specs:

5" OLED DIsplay at 960x544 resolution.

Dual "Micro" Analogue Sticks.

3G & GPS.

Touchscreen and rear Touchpad.

Flash Based Physical Media

sony-tokyo-event-1356.jpeg

sony-tokyo-event-1357.jpeg

sony-tokyo-event-1387.jpeg

sony-tokyo-event-1385.jpeg

sony-tokyo-event-1378.jpeg

psp2-big-rm-eng.jpeg

photo1-1296114126.jpg

photo2.jpg

Announced Games in Development:

Games in Development:

Broken

Gravity Daze

LBP

Little Deviants

Hot Shots Golf

Killzone

Reality Fighters

Resistance

Smart As

Uncharted

Wipeout

Preorder going in tomorrow for this for sure. Just a heads up for those that don't know. Gamestop is starting preorders for it for sure tomorrow and it will be $50 down. : )

not only does this have a Quad core CPU in it Arm based but Quad Core GPU as well

Now my only other request is for somebody to hack it to install another OS and then allow me to put Windows 8 on it when it comes out. lol. : )

NGP to have multiple SKU's, only one with 3G / 3G will also come with fee:

Sony has clarified that there will be multiple SKUs of its NGP portable (PSP2) - no doubt with multiple price points - and that only one will carry 3G functionality.

Earlier today, the platform holder unveiled the handheld console for the first time. The 3G capability has been welcomed by gamers - as as the hugely impressive technical specification of the machine.

However, it looks as though there won't be one set model for everyone.

"The first thing to clarify, which I'm not sure the presentation did a perfect job of doing today, is that all of the devices will have Wi-Fi capability; a separate SKU will have 3G," PlayStation Europe boss Andrew House told EuroGamer.

"So the user gets a choice. Wi-Fi is available wherever, which clearly is the most important aspect of connectivity and that connected experience; 3G will be a subset of that"

House also confirmed there will be a cost for the user for 3G services.

"You'll hear more from us around that aspect of the strategy as we get closer to launch," he added.

Sony has confirmed a dazzling line-up of new games for NGP - including new additions to the Killzone, Call Of Duty and Resistance series.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/285786/news/sony-ngp-multiple-models-3g-not-standard-and-will-cost-extra/

NGP to have multiple SKU's, only one with 3G / 3G will also come with fee:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/285786/news/sony-ngp-multiple-models-3g-not-standard-and-will-cost-extra/

Nice to see there'll be a 3G-free model. That should drop the total cost down by about ?40 or ?50. :) It's not too surprising you'll have to pay to use 3G; the only device I know that gives it to you for free is the Amazon Kindle.