Court orders seizure of Ge0H0t's hacker's computers

Whoa, the strength of these replies tells me one thing.....U MAD? :laugh: But in all seriousness your still doing it, your still attempting a character assassination while avoiding the bulk of the argument.

Why don't you just give up, leave the thread, admit defeat, anything ? you're not doing anything bpositive for yourself by keepign arguing an argument you lost many many pages ago. heck you're not even arguing and doing your regular topic change dance anymore. you're just attacking the person now...

Why don't you just give up, leave the thread, admit defeat, anything ? you're not doing anything bpositive for yourself by keepign arguing an argument you lost many many pages ago. heck you're not even arguing and doing your regular topic change dance anymore. you're just attacking the person now...

Erm, if you think I am just making personal attacks then well...pot meet kettle. Since you claim I have been repeatedly beaten, then please provide a bullet point list of what exactly I have been beaten on so this conversation can continue, until then, you have not substantiated your claim.

Erm, if you think I am just making personal attacks then well...pot meet kettle. Since you claim I have been repeatedly beaten, then please provide a bullet point list of what exactly I have been beaten on so this conversation can continue, until then, you have not substantiated your claim.

The bullet point would be every reply to your posts by duke and centralDogma.

and you need to learn what a personal attack is.

The bullet point would be every reply to your posts by duke and centralDogma.

and you need to learn what a personal attack is.

So you do not plan to backup your claim? I guess that was expected considering that's what most people do when they don't have an argument. Me and CentralDogma came to an understanding and a conclusion of the current laws without this petty childlike behavior shown by you and Duke.

So you do not plan to backup your claim? I guess that was expected considering that's what most people do when they don't have an argument. Me and CentralDogma came to an understanding and a conclusion of the current laws without this petty childlike behavior shown by you and Duke.

you need to seriously look over your own posts from the start of this thread. every damn one of them. including that last one, and then think over what youjust said. cause you're not doing yourself any favors in being seen as an adult.

and I did back up my claim, or did you want me to requite every post by you and duke, and dogma ? cause every claim you've made has been shot down. includign the times you repeat them since you go into the Eula -> TOS -> shrinkwrap loop. like 3-4 times

you need to seriously look over your own posts from the start of this thread. every damn one of them. including that last one, and then think over what youjust said. cause you're not doing yourself any favors in being seen as an adult.

and I did back up my claim, or did you want me to requite every post by you and duke, and dogma ? cause every claim you've made has been shot down. includign the times you repeat them since you go into the Eula -> TOS -> shrinkwrap loop. like 3-4 times

Requite is the wrong word by definition to use in that sentence as you are not returning, or taking revenge on me :laugh: , but I was able to figure out what you were trying to say despite this trivial fact. So lets move on, you backed up nothing, you basically said "its obvious, read all the posts". That's not what I asked for and you seem to be incapable of providing what I asked for. Also, I don't see the need in the exasperated swearing and refusing to back up your claim. Please make an attempt to bring this debate to a more civil level.

If Geohot is found liable (and not "guilty" because this would probably be a civil trial since I am assuming its Sony suing Geohot. If the US gov't steps in, then it may be a criminal trial depending on how they decide to pursuit this matter.),

it really depends what Sony claims its damages are.

First, they would ask for an injunction to stop Geohot from doing this again.

Second, they could ask for statutory damages which are provided for in the Copyright Act which is probably tens of thousands of dollars per violation. This is the same statute that the RIAA uses to tally up their damages.

Third, they could ask for compensatory and punative damages which is whatever amount they can convince a jury to grant them. Probably in the tens of millions given the potential damage that Geohot has caused. Again, its up to a jury to decide that. You don't need to "show a loss of revenue". Compensatory means EVERYTHING from loss of reputation, damage to PSN, people pirating games, time spent repairing the damage...etc.

Thanks. That seems pretty steep.

Well that is why Sony is taking revenge now?

It's to get a judgement against Geo so that he can't continue to develop new hacks, and to lay down some case law for anyone else they decide to go after.

If he makes any kind of monetary value for the hacking, Sony will get it by default with the judgement.

At this point, it's just to show the world that Sony is paying attention and that they don't like someone playing in their sandbox.