Dismissing text message alerts

I found a small feature that I thought was quite cool, apologies if you already knew about this, but to dismiss a text message alert without viewing it try swiping to the right on the alert.

I found a small feature that I thought was quite cool, apologies if you already knew about this, but to dismiss a text message alert without viewing it try swiping to the right on the alert.

Yeppers it's a nice little thing Microsoft don't really mention anywhere, you can do it for all notifications ^^; Shame you can't do it for the volume controls though, there's no quick way to get rid of them >.<

I found this by accident, I went to open a text message from the alert and accidentally swiped the alert instead.

Don't ask how I "accidentally swiped" the alert, not even I know!!!! :huh:

Another tip people might not know is in the Email app, tapping the left side of the messages brings up the check boxes.

Might be nice to have a sticky/pinned topic for WP7 tips!!!

i dont know anyone this or not but if you try touching where the time is at it displays the battery icon and 3G signal.

That's a known one, but new users probably don't know it.

Another one I found is pressing the Windows button on the lock screen causes the lock screen to jump, not sure what use it is though.

Another one I found is pressing the Windows button on the lock screen causes the lock screen to jump, not sure what use it is though.

That just gives people a clue they need to unlock the device first by swiping the lock screen up before they can use it :p

I know another couple of tips that new users might not know, press and hold the Windows Button to use voice commands and pressing the camera button on the lock screen loads the camera without needing to unlock first

Yeppers it's a nice little thing Microsoft don't really mention anywhere, you can do it for all notifications ^^; Shame you can't do it for the volume controls though, there's no quick way to get rid of them >.<

One thing I do like though is that if you are listening to music when you switch the screen back on, the play controls are on screen.

do any of you know how to get the text message delivery confirmation?

doesnt seem to work for me

Have you been into messaging then tapped on the ellipses, I think that's what their called, then been into settings?

There's an SMS delivery confirmation switch that is off by default. If you have it set to on then it might be an idea to speak to the network operator and see if it's a network issue.

hmm Im also wondering about a message delivery confirmation setting but I dont see one. In my Messaging Setting I just see the SMS center number. On ATT. My iPhone has it.. shrugs

hmm Im also wondering about a message delivery confirmation setting but I dont see one. In my Messaging Setting I just see the SMS center number. On ATT. My iPhone has it.. shrugs

That's wierd, I know it's there on my HD7, but I am on O2-UK, so it may not be supported on ATT.

Edit: Looking on other forums it appears that ATT don't offer Delivery Confirmations any more. Even the support site shows the settings without the Delivery Confirmations switch.

How do I know if my text message was delivered?

maybe its a device issue. HTC Surround on ATT.. Like I said I get confirmation sending SMS texts on my iPhone 4 on the same ATT network.

maybe its a device issue. HTC Surround on ATT.. Like I said I get confirmation sending SMS texts on my iPhone 4 on the same ATT network.

I can only imagine that the iPhone 4 is allowed to get that confirmation from the network, don't forget that ATT is partnered with Apple to provide the iPhone.