I proclaim publicly that ...

http://www.sepschool.org/

masthead.jpg

Politics and education don't mix!

It may be a jarring statement, but for more than three full lifetimes ? the 220 years from the 1620s to the 1840s ? most American schooling was independent of government control, subsidy, and influence. From this educational freedom the American Republic was born.

Now, after 150 years of tax-financed schooling, we see more and more children failing to grow into responsible, caring, competent adults. A movement is growing to reclaim the American tradition of family responsibility in education by returning to the separation of school and state.

Now, after 150 years of tax-financed schooling, we see more and more children failing to grow into responsible, caring, competent adults. A movement is growing to reclaim the American tradition of family responsibility in education by returning to the separation of school and state.

Wow, there goes education for low income people. They already were having a rough go at it, now they won't be able to get a halfway decent education.

That suks. You know, private schools exist for those who want it. Don't force low income people to be without cause they can't afford it.

Actually the money we pay in various taxes (property, income, sales, state, etc..) that go to school. If we got rid of all those taxes EVERYBODY would be able to afford private schools or homeschool. Public school system is what's destroying this country.

I presume you have figures to back this claim up?

And now you are saying all taxes should be abolished... so how do you propose the country will function without money from its citizens?

It is a sorry notion that by forcing everyone to pay for education and supposedly getting rid of taxes for public school would make this country better. Fact is most of the tax does not go to schools. It gets wasted by buracracy and BS by POSs in office.

How are people expected to get an education if they cannot afford it? I think that the government having control over schools is very important. If parents had control over what was taught to their children, they wouldn't learn much. There are many reasons that kids don't do well in school, and the government is not to blame. Only idiots homeschool their children. If it were up to you enlightener, there would be no taxes, and therefore no money for things like police, fire, and hospitals. People are ***holes, nobody would help anybody.

How are people expected to get an education if they cannot afford it? I think that the government having control over schools is very important. If parents had control over what was taught to their children, they wouldn't learn much. There are many reasons that kids don't do well in school, and the government is not to blame. Only idiots homeschool their children. If it were up to you enlightener, there would be no taxes, and therefore no money for things like police, fire, and hospitals. People are ***holes, nobody would help anybody.

Certainly not in public schools, that's the last place anybody should go for education. Homeschooled kids are far more advanced and can usually accomplish it much shorter time then their public schooled peers.

Well, that's the problem with the system. I don't think mothers should work. Their job is to stay with the kids at home. ANy society where mothers have to work while kids are being raised by the state is doomed. It will collapse sooner or later and we see it happening now.

Well, that's the problem with the system. I don't think mothers should work. Their job is to stay with the kids at home. ANy society where mothers have to work while kids are being raised by the state is doomed. It will collapse sooner or later and we see it happening now.

That is NOT there jobs. I thought the US already went through this sexist crap again. Woman are equal to men and should have working jobs, not the "stay at home" kind of mom projected in television shows.

Well there's nothing wrong with a woman OR a man staying home to raise the kids or whatever, but it should be their choice, not forced on them. Of course most times when both parents work, it's through financial necessity (as in my parents' case) - but sometimes the woman will WANT to work, to have a career, and why not.

Actually the money we pay in various taxes (property, income, sales, state, etc..) that go to school. If we got rid of all those taxes EVERYBODY would be able to afford private schools or homeschool. Public school system is what's destroying this country.

I don't think you know how the tax system works, there is a reason why the rich pay more than the less wealthy, so not everybody can afford school even if they don't pay tax

That has got to be the dumbest ****ing thing that I have ever heard. Women have the same rights as men, and they shouldn't be at home all day teaching their children. Besides, if all children are to be homeschooled, who determines what is taught to them? If the parent is a complete retard like you are, imagine how intelligent the child would be. Is the child supposed to pursue secondary or post-secondary education, or is that too evil? Perhaps we should all live like the stupid Amish.

No Racism, No Threatening, No (citing) Victimization (via PM) or Hateful posts / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.

Radish?bSuper Moderator @ Neowin.netb>

Radish?b>

Hey, don't you be quoting any rules to me. You called me a Nazi a few days ago, and I thought that was very offensive.

You say that women should stay at home with their kids. That is THEIR choice. It is not up to you or anyone else to decide how they should live their life. And i don't even notice that my school is government-funded. Most of my teachers are so anti-government it's not even funny.

I'd also like to see some figures to back up your original statement.

Oh, and the only reason so many kids today are dumbasses is because their parents dont put enough restrictions on them, so they are out til 2:00 AM with their friends, and their parents don't care about their grades. READ: Not the school's fault

Hey, don't you be quoting any rules to me. You called me a Nazi a few days ago, and I thought that was very offensive.

Are you enlightener?, does it look like I'm quoting you?, he was victimizing you matt74441 - hence why enlightener's post was removed & the rule quoted by me ....

And I honestly don't know where you thought I called you a Nazi, get your facts straight ....

Radish?

Certainly not in public schools, that's the last place anybody should go for education. Homeschooled kids are far more advanced and can usually accomplish it much shorter time then their public schooled peers.

lmao ... I'd love to see a home schooled kid try and get in any decent college. Please, homeschooling is still for cults and crazy people. Really, you want poor people who may have a limited education themsevles teaching their kids? Sounds like a plan. That's why we send people to school. If anything we need a) better, more involved and well paid teachers and b) kids that give a damn. Don't blame the system for kids not caring, that's their own fault.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone with a name like enlightener frightens me, sounds rather cultish you know, and it doesnt help when he spouts off illogical and unfounded cult like dialogue in an illogical and cult like fasion.