AVATAR BR SteelBook Edition - Exclusive Review

Finally got my AVATAR BlueRay Steel Book edition. Following is my small exclusive review......

The package includes.

1. Steel Book Cover for the discs

2. Online access to exclusive AVATAR program which includes

a. Interviews

b. Unseen footage

c. Special features

3. Four 3D Hologram AVATAR postcards

4. AVATAR DVD

5. A survival guide to Pandora

2w7k3o9.jpg

dggobt.jpg

The steel Book cover and the packaging is top class. Seriously adds class to your collection.......... Rest of the goodies are a decent welcome.

Poped up the BR and the first thing you notice is ?..?NO EXTRAS? nothing, not even the trailer. No introduction, no interviews nothing??.I was like WT??? Anyway Googled and I came through some exciting facts........

VIDEO ::

It is said that James Cameron himself came forward and explained that he had a deal with Fox guaranteeing no extras or previews on the disc. When the film grosses more than a billion dollars, he wanted the disc to have all the space available for maximum video quality.

So is the video quality maxed out??.You bet it is?..even a 47? LCD looks like too small to absorb the spectacular visual extravaganza the disc offers. Immaculate vibrant colors and super fine details, night shots are out of the world. The Pandora?s Blue world literally pops out of the screen. Shadow details are impeccable. Its a visual splender......No wonder, the technicalities says ?an average of 29 megabits per second used for the AVC encode? which is pretty heavy for the movie of this length. Truly a master piece of a BlueRay, Undoubtedly the best I have come across.

AUDIO ::

Audio is also not left far behind with 5.1 DTS HD MA you can expect nothing short of spectacular. However I seriously expected 7.1 audio for a movie of this magnitude. Anyway even with 5.1 the audio is crystal clear and sharp and there is no dearth of ultra low LFE where ever needed. Another thing to note was the center channel, which is best in all the BRs I have seen, even during the heavy battle scene the dialogues were crystal clear and you at no point feel the center is lacking power. (even on my HTiB)

The scene where the marines blow off the tree, the LFE shook my whole bed (and kept on with the effect in the entire battle sequence), it was thunderous. When jake takes that first flight on his choosen bird (or whatever) A/V extravaganza is on it bliss. The wings flapping is put on LFE and that gives a whole new experience to the scene.........the zapping of arrows and bullets are right on the spot, explosions are all earth shaking with center channel never leaving its power......

EXTRAS :: As I mentioned to give you the best A/V quality JC decided to omit the extras and use the disc space for the same. Personally I am OK with it given the awesome A/V quality we get from a Movie that it deserves.

Some screen shots for you all to ponder??.(online uploades)

157fbc3.jpg

Full Image

00002m2tssnapshot000239.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

taqaky.jpg

Full Image

00002m2tssnapshot004129.th.png

w0cxf.jpg

Full Image

00002m2tssnapshot020941.th.png

System used to review the Bluray : https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/972418-my-micro-ht-setup-review-onkyo-6200-lg-47-lcdpanasonic-bluray-player/

Regards

-Sammy

^^ lol yea, when a movie is a hit that big you got to have xyz versions in all variants ........ Next to be launched is the actual 3D BluRay ....... when only JC knows ...:)