Battlefield 3

All I saw was: jaggies, jaggies, jaggies... a copy of Crossfire... jaggies, jaggies... jaggies.

All I saw was: whine, whine, whine, whine, whine. Its probably a low resolution test just to show off the lighting, dunno why you are whining about the jaggies when the game is 6+ months away from completion, i dont have any jaggies in BC2...

All I saw was: whine, whine, whine, whine, whine. Its probably a low resolution test just to show off the lighting, dunno why you are whining about the jaggies when the game is 6+ months away from completion, i dont have any jaggies in BC2...

Because I don't understand the technicality behind that demo. So to me, it was useless and didn't really gave a reason to be impressed with the visuals.

I didn't whine at all.

Wow. Real-time radiosity lighting is quite impressive. I just hope it doesn't impact performance too much. To those that don't know what it means, it's a method of illuminating a 3D scene in a realistic way. Basically, it allows colours to bleed.

Here's an example:

Radiosity_Comparison.jpg

Wow. Real-time radiosity lighting is quite impressive. I just hope it doesn't impact performance too much. To those that don't know what it means, it's a method of illuminating a 3D scene in a realistic way. Basically, it allows colours to bleed.

Here's an example:

Radiosity_Comparison.jpg

Holy hell that is impressive! :woot:

Here's an example:

Radiosity_Comparison.jpg

it's a few things, like color bleed and area lights, both of which thatpic show, though it mostly shows the area lights.

It'll probably work with a lot of fixed/cached photon solutions though both to avoid the flickering radiosity causes in animation, and for performance. Even so I suspect they do a lot more cheating behind the scenes. The solution also seems to so far be very low res(few photons) and with little blending, even so low photons will cause blotching.

but it's a great development for gaming, and a lot more useful than raytracing, though they are related.

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I was checking FilePlanet, and I noticed they have two wallpapers in various sizes direct from EA/Dice, with and without logos. I've been in need of a new wallpaper, so I went ahead and slapped it on :)

http://www.fileplanet.com/218603/210000/fileinfo/Battlefield-3-Wallpaper-Pack

(Sigh, why are people still using jpegs in this day in age, especially in a direct download archive)

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I was checking FilePlanet, and I noticed they have two wallpapers in various sizes direct from EA/Dice, with and without logos. I've been in need of a new wallpaper, so I went ahead and slapped it on :)

http://www.fileplanet.com/218603/210000/fileinfo/Battlefield-3-Wallpaper-Pack

(Sigh, why are people still using jpegs in this day in age, especially in a direct download archive)

Would someone be kind enough to host the file somewhere else? For some reason it wants me to install some add-on just to download a file. :wacko: . I don't remember having to do that on FilePlanet before...

Would someone be kind enough to host the file somewhere else? For some reason it wants me to install some add-on just to download a file. :wacko: . I don't remember having to do that on FilePlanet before...

Here you go: http://db.tt/ONphK7S

Battlefield 3 limited edition to contain remastered Battlefield 2 maps and weapons

This might just make me pre-order it (only game I've ever got in advance was Poker Night ^^).

That is great news! Four remastered maps is better than one. I really hope they include Gulf of Oman. I think I played that map more than every other map combined.

Well I already pre-ordered it because of those 4 maps! Weird thing is I thought they would charge me in full, and so far no charge at all has shown up? Like not even a holding charge, and when I go to the EA store it just says Order Placed. So they may indeed wait until the game comes out, will give it another day or two to see what happens.

Well I already pre-ordered it because of those 4 maps! Weird thing is I thought they would charge me in full, and so far no charge at all has shown up? Like not even a holding charge, and when I go to the EA store it just says Order Placed. So they may indeed wait until the game comes out, will give it another day or two to see what happens.

Ah, for some reason I thought Back to Karkand was a remake of Strike at Karkand.

Ah, for some reason I thought Back to Karkand was a remake of Strike at Karkand.

It is no? I am under the same impression as it says it is "boldy remastered" or something like that for Frostbite 2, so I am under the same impression as you, which is why I pre-ordered it. I mean I would have done so anyway, but once I saw what I thought was the Karkand remake, that sealed the deal!

What the heck, pre ordered! I'll do the same...if it shows up on steam before release at a reasonable price ill probably cancel this...in case it doesn't, might as well get more for less (lmiited for $50 vs 'normal' for $60)

It is no? I am under the same impression as it says it is "boldy remastered" or something like that for Frostbite 2, so I am under the same impression as you, which is why I pre-ordered it. I mean I would have done so anyway, but once I saw what I thought was the Karkand remake, that sealed the deal!

Apparently, it isn't. According to this link (posted above), it's the name of the map pack that will feature four remastered maps from Battlefield 2. It's definitely a pleasant surprise. As I said earlier, four is better than one. :p

Apparently, it isn't. According to this link (posted above), it's the name of the map pack that will feature four remastered maps from Battlefield 2.

I would assume the map pack being called that, it would feature Karkand. It was one of the most played maps, along with Gulf of Oman and Dragon Valey.

I would assume the map pack being called that, it would feature Karkand. It was one of the most played maps, along with Gulf of Oman and Dragon Valey.

I wouldn't even call that an assumption. If anything, it's misleading. Why didn't they call it "Back to Gulf of Oman" or "Back to Dragon Valley"? Assuming, of course, those maps are included.

What the heck, pre ordered! I'll do the same...if it shows up on steam before release at a reasonable price ill probably cancel this...in case it doesn't, might as well get more for less (lmiited for $50 vs 'normal' for $60)

Exactly. I figure why not save the $10, and if it shows up on Steam, see if we can cancel this pre-order. Like I said though BF uses it's own in game friends list, so even if it stays on this EA downloader, not a huge deal IMO.

Apparently, it isn't. According to this link (posted above), it's the name of the map pack that will feature four remastered maps from Battlefield 2. It's definitely a pleasant surprise. As I said earlier, four is better than one. :p

Oh okay, I was confused as I thought everyone knew about the 4 maps thing. The other night when I pre-ordered it, that was already the rumor, someone had posted an image with text about the 4 maps, but then the image was swiftly removed and it was never posted anywhere else, at least that night, but I had seen it and since it looked official to me, I just assumed the 4 maps rumor was real. Since Karkand is one of those maps, at least I feel it has to be since that is what the map pack is named after, I am very excited...

post-34384-0-73603600-1297134324.jpg

Out of the 147 hours I played BF2, Approximately 42 hours of it was Karkand, or basically a little less then 1/3. I had found a great 24/7 Karkand server and almost exclusively played on it for a few weeks. I was literally addicted to that map.

I wouldn't even call that an assumption. If anything, it's misleading. Why didn't they call it "Back to Gulf of Oman" or "Back to Dragon Valley"? Assuming, of course, those maps are included.

Just saw this after I posted, I think they are just using karkand as the name as it pretty much was the most popular map. And not just saying as it was obviously my personal favorite, it is my understanding that was the most played map of the entire BF2 community.

Wait so we have to pre-order it to get the maps or can we just buy the limited edition day one and get it too?

Limited Edition it says, so then the only question would be if the Limited Edition is only available for pre order or if you can buy it once the game is released. Also my main motivation is right now the Limited Edition is $50, and iirc Crysis 2 was once only $50, and now it is $60 everywhere I look. So I also am pre-ordering it now to secure that $50 price, although it very well may stay $50 the entire time, but with that said it does seem the new trend in PC gaming is to charge the same as console games.

Also I just recently started a new job, so I am just kind of going crazy with the whole pre-ordering thing and just getting most of the games I plan on playing this year now basically.