Help me choose a better content colour

Question

Hey Guys, wassup?

So I've been asked to rebuild this website: http://mercury-cm.co.uk/ which is just ugly as hell! I'm doing this for free, so I'm not putting a massive amount of effort into coding or compatibility, I just want it to generally be nice on the eyes and get the job done. So this is what I've created thus far: http://cpressland.com/mercury/newsite/ and it's slowly taking form but I need to improve on the colour of the content area of the site. Any input guys? I originally thought a light Gradient would look good, but am not so sure now.

So anyway, have a look and throw me some ideas.

Thanks Guys

Chris

5 answers to this question

Keep it as is, or maybe a light grey... that's all I can see as good IMO.

Needs a little more in the content area btw, maybe a sidebar with affiliates or images? I dunno, just looks to bare to me.

Keep it as is, or maybe a light grey... that's all I can see as good IMO.

Needs a little more in the content area btw, maybe a sidebar with affiliates or images? I dunno, just looks to bare to me.

Of course dude, going to have a LOT more content in there when I'm finished with it. But at the moment it's just filler text more than anything. I just don't like how it's just a random block of grey in the middle of the screen. I'd like it to have a more '2.0' feel. Lol. Just really lacking in creativity right now.

Well, I've changed it to a 50% Transparent Light Grey so that it picks up some of the blue background. Will start adding content now.

Of course dude, going to have a LOT more content in there when I'm finished with it. But at the moment it's just filler text more than anything. I just don't like how it's just a random block of grey in the middle of the screen. I'd like it to have a more '2.0' feel. Lol. Just really lacking in creativity right now.

Nothing about that design screams '2.0' bud, no offense of course. To me the whole design is 1.0. My opinion though.

Well, I've changed it to a 50% Transparent Light Grey so that it picks up some of the blue background. Will start adding content now.

waiting to see the content added so I can maybe give you a better idea of what else could go on the site. Again this is just my opinion.

Well I've uploaded as much as I'm going to do today until I have more content to the original domian, with the old site residing in /oldsite/