The new Gawker / Kotaku / Gizmodo layout is terrible

Question

The revised design is definitely more usable, but I still prefer to have filters and other navigation links on the left side.

It breaks so many fundamental ui design rules. It relies on javascript now with no safe fallback as witnessed by the downtime on lifehacker when it launched.

This is a great article about the downfalls of it all

http://isolani.co.uk/blog/javascript/BreakingTheWebWithHashBangs

Did they disable classic mode? It no longer works for me on Safari / Firefox and Chrome.

If so, they pretty much sealed their fate with me. Hell, even their mobile sites are still broken if you try to go to the next page.

Seriously, how long are they going to put us through this charade? Is it not enough? Guys, the site SUCKS now!!! Some of my complaints (and I'm using it in "blog" mode): Loads only 75% of the time, the rest of the time I get a logo up top but no content; most of the time the links to the other sites at the bottom are not there; if I scroll down to the end of the page, find an article I want to read, click on it, finish reading it, click back, I'm at the top of the main page again!; any picture gallery is horrendous to navigate.

:no: