Apple TV and Netflix

Ironman273

I'm having a problem with my Apple TV and Netflix. Whenever I find a movie I want to watch I press play, get a black screen with the loading roundel spinning, then it goes back to the movie page. Everything else works, YouTube, iTunes connection, and it logs into my Netflix account because I can see my queue and recently watched. I've reset the Apple TV, even an update has been released since I've got it. Always have had and still have this problem with Netflix.

giga

First or second gen? I heard some people with Netflix issues fixed it by using a different DNS. Try using Google DNS or Open DNS in your router.

Ironman273

2nd gen. Yeah, I had heard about the 8.8.8.8 "fix" but I was hoping for something that let me keep my DNS.

Ironman273

Bah, Apple took me through various resets (and suggested I don't change my DNS) then referred me to Netflix. Netflix says they would've tried what Apple tried so they referred me to Comcast. Now I'm probably going to get someone that knows less about networking than I do...

giga

2nd gen. Yeah, I had heard about the 8.8.8.8 "fix" but I was hoping for something that let me keep my DNS.

Why not just try it for now to see if it would work or not? Why the need to keep your ISP?s DNS?

Ironman273

Why not just try it for now to see if it would work or not? Why the need to keep your ISP’s DNS?

Well, the reason I didn't try it is because I've read that there are some issues with Comcast and Open DNS (or Google). I didn't want to break everything else.