^That is what they mean with "Exclusive extras" though. How else would that be exclusive?

^That is what they mean with "Exclusive extras" though. How else would that be exclusive?

I took that to mean that it's exclusive only because you had to pay for it as an extra. Not that it will be exclusive to the premium thing. Because every other "exclusive" thing they've had in the game from pre orders and such you can now buy as an extra.

To be honest, I believe that this time they mean that those items are exclusive to the people who paid for "Battlefield Premium" and won't be available as an extra. That's the way I read it anyway. "Premium" usually means that there's an extra for such users and I believe that in this case it's those extra items.

Though I'd rather know this for sure before buying "Battlefield Premium". If there's an decent price and the items are "Premium" only, I'd buy it. Though if the items aren't "Premium" only I wouldn't buy it and just buy them individually like you.

Who knows. Before BF3 was released they said the only way to get the specact skins and the dog tags was to pre order from that certain retailer, they were exclusive...now you can buy them through Origin.

I'm willing to bet, since it contains all their future dlcs that it will be $50-$60. Individually they will probably be $15. That's just a guess though, and I hope I'm wrong and they are cheaper but I doubt it.

You've got to be kidding me. BC2 is utter garbage when it comes to joining friends, adding friends, browsing servers and joining them. Complete and utter garbage compared to Battlelog. I've moved from BF3 to BC2 lately and I miss Battlelog so much. That and character movement (except vaulting of course).

Well in my experience Battlelog is utter garbage when joining friends and browsing servers and joining them. Me and my mates struggle to connect to EA online and it takes ages to join servers because of the ridiculously long loading times. I don't see what's so bad about BC2- you find your friends username, you can add them easily, joining friends is simple and the maps load so quickly and browsing servers is just as easy, if not moreso, in BC2 than Battlelog.

I find BF3 is all about personal experience- it crashes on me quite a lot and has random freezes which isn't a driver issue as there have been numerous updates since the game released and I've reinstalled a number of times and none of these has helped my issues. That, and when I quit the game it takes at least 10 minutes for my PC to be actually usable again after it's finished doing whatever it's doing.

And don't even mention Origin- it's the buggiest program I've ever been forced to use, with it rejecting the game totally at times throwing random errors and refusing to open at times. Again, this is just my experience with it and it has been other people's too, not just me.

Well in my experience Battlelog is utter garbage when joining friends and browsing servers and joining them. Me and my mates struggle to connect to EA online and it takes ages to join servers because of the ridiculously long loading times. I don't see what's so bad about BC2- you find your friends username, you can add them easily, joining friends is simple and the maps load so quickly and browsing servers is just as easy, if not moreso, in BC2 than Battlelog.

I find BF3 is all about personal experience- it crashes on me quite a lot and has random freezes which isn't a driver issue as there have been numerous updates since the game released and I've reinstalled a number of times and none of these has helped my issues. That, and when I quit the game it takes at least 10 minutes for my PC to be actually usable again after it's finished doing whatever it's doing.

And don't even mention Origin- it's the buggiest program I've ever been forced to use, with it rejecting the game totally at times throwing random errors and refusing to open at times. Again, this is just my experience with it and it has been other people's too, not just me.

Well, if you have that many issues then I can see why you'd dislike it. Personally I pretty much don't have anything you just described (save for the occasional Disconnected from EA bug, but that's less common than used to be and I had long load times before I installed an SSD) so I find Battlelog to be excellent. And no issues with Origin either.

I honestly haven't had any real issues with battlelog. For me its by far their most usable server browser yet, far better than the garbage bf2 and bc2 browsers.

Sigh. Battlefield 3 is not only ditching the massive maps and vehicles that define the franchise in the upcoming Close Quarters map pack, er, sorry, Close Quarters "expansion," it appears Electronic Arts is once again following in Activision's footsteps with a premium, paid, Call of Duty Elite-like Battlefield 3 service.
I can't help but remember the comments DICE Senior Producer Patrick Bach made about charging for Battlefield maps back in 2010 when the $15 CoD map pack became the norm: "We don't ever want to charge for our maps and insisted to EA that this attitude was crucial when it came to keeping our community happy and playing together. We're owned by EA but we're still very much DICE."

Guess this means DICE isn't DICE anymore.

http://uk.pc.gamespy.../1224747p1.html

Straight from the horses mouth. Being GameSpy who use to deals with BF2 accounts.

Use to hate GameSpy, now I love 'em :rofl:

Regarding the often used quote of Bach - technically he is correct, we are getting expansions/boosters and not just map packs. :p

Yep, for example BC2 Vietnam had significantly more content than a COD map pack.

Yep, for example BC2 Vietnam had significantly more content than a COD map pack.

I never played the Vietnam DLC, but couldn't you shoot a Huey down with an AK-47 as well? The gameplay looked so far removed from the core game in that sense that it would be a mini-game on its own, like Battlefield 1943 was.

I never played the Vietnam DLC, but couldn't you shoot a Huey down with an AK-47 as well? The gameplay looked so far removed from the core game in that sense that it would be a mini-game on its own, like Battlefield 1943 was.

No, but the map designs made it really easy to shoot down helicopters with tanks though. The helicopters in Vietnam were op as hell though so it was kind of fair.

No, but the map designs made it really easy to shoot down helicopters with tanks though. The helicopters in Vietnam were op as hell though so it was kind of fair.

Umm, yes, you could. All weapons damaged the helicopter, maybe save for the sidearms.

Umm, yes, you could. All weapons damaged the helicopter, maybe save for the sidearms.

I don't remember that happening at all. But it has been a while since I played.

I don't remember that happening at all. But it has been a while since I played.

Yeah, They didn't do huge ammounts of damage, but I've taken a heli down with an assault rifle after popping a few RPG's into it and then running out of them.

I'll wait until all expansions are out before I waste $50 more. I know that I don't want Close Quarters, but if the other three turn out to be good, it might make more sense dropping $50 than whatever they cost individually.

How is $49.99 = euro $49.99?? And dont get me started on if either of those = 4,000Ms points.

Did the guy pricing this have a stroke mid typing it out?

Just to state, I think I remember seeing a Battlefield tweet saying that Close quarters would cost $14.99. Assuming the other will cost the same, $14.99 x 4 = $59.96. So this would be a better deal if you plan to buy the expansions when they come out.

Just to state, I think I remember seeing a Battlefield tweet saying that Close quarters would cost $14.99. Assuming the other will cost the same, $14.99 x 4 = $59.96. So this would be a better deal if you plan to buy the expansions when they come out.

But its no deal if you don't plan on getting all of them. I know I won't get Close Quarters, so that means the other three turn out to ~45.

That queue priority is bull****.That should be up to the people who run the servers and no one else. And the only reason I will buy the Close Quarters xpack is for the weapons. 16 player maps don't interest me in the slightest.